Share your love for attractions by contributing to Overseas Attractions! You can do this easily by following the instructions below.
Read the guidelines carefully and check examples before you start.
Guidelines for Writing Inspirational Articles
With so many attractions around the world, it’s difficult to choose one thing that stands out when you’re travelling through different international cities. This is where you can share your thoughts and help inspire other travellers to experience the attractions, culture and highlights from your trips.
What do we look for?
- Unique articles. Content can not be copied word for word from other sources.
- Article should have a purpose and inspire others to look forward to their next trip.
- Destination specific articles are generally preferred. It shows that you have in depth knowledge of this region, country or city.
- Well formatted and structured content. Use bullet points and subheadings to break up the content.
- Quality images will help readers to visualize the “inspiration”. Ensure images are at least 500 pixels wide and under 400kb. Name image files appropriately, for example, “new-york-city.jpg”, not “image123.jpg”.
- Videos are a bonus!
- Use tables to summarize information
- Generally, expert travellers require more than 1,000 words to portray the right message in their articles. You can write more, but less than 1,000 words may not be enough for some of our savvy travel readers.
- Top 8 Ruins Near Cancun
- 10 Food & Drink Experiences You Must Try in Brooklyn
- The 10 Most Haunted Places in Pennsylvania
Guidelines for Itinerary Articles
The Itinerary section focuses on personal accounts of overseas travels that entertain the reader, provide detailed information like prices and travel tips, and give personal opinions about attractions. The idea is to combine all these elements to present an engaging and informative travel article. Quite simply, tell us about your trip and all the attractions you managed to visit.
What do we look for?
- An organized itinerary in a table, showing the attractions and points of interests visited during the trip. Suggested details to include in the table are: Day, Location/Port (for cruises), Schedule, Activity, Cost, and Transport. You can add interesting or important notes underneath the table (what flight company you used, the total cost of your trip etc.).
- Structured content, detailing the highlights of each attraction. This could include the things you saw, food, and tips. Use subheadings and bullet points.
- Personal experiences, both positive and negative.
- Quality images will help readers to visualize the “inspiration”.Ensure images are at least 500 pixels wide and under 400kb. Name image files appropriately, for example, “new-york-city.jpg”, not “image123.jpg”.
- Videos of your itinerary would be even better!
- Generally, if you’ve been on a memorable travel itinerary, there’ll be lots to talk about. More than 1,000 words would be ideal, but anything less, could be seen as questionable.
- How to See Everything in Singapore in 7 Days
- 7 Day Adventure on Fraser Island
- Luxor Itinerary for 3 Days
You can sign up, become part of our community and start writing your inspirational article. If you have more questions, please contact echo [at] overseasattractions [dot] com. Note that if the itinerary does not meet the guidelines described, we may delete the drafted article without notification.