Thrill Zone is a high energy award-winning activity centre with a variety of fun adventures; from their Vortex 12D motion simulator to intricate battle grounds for Lasertag and Reball. The brave and faint-hearted are equally guaranteed to have a blast. Thrill Zone also boasts a fun-filled KidsClub equipped with face-painting, a green screen and Nintendo Wii for parents looking to drop their kids off to get a bit of solo time around Queenstown.
Fast – Action – Fun! New Zealand’s most exhilarating indoor shooting activity! Xtreme Indoor Reball is the newest way to play paintball without any of the mess – but still packs that paintball punch when you’re hit.
In our awesomely new extended arena located on Lower Shotover Street, we have the ultimate all-weather activity that’s packed with adrenaline and sure to get your heart pumping!
Immerse yourself within one of our several game scenarios and experience the thrill and excitement of strategic tactical combat as you fire at your foes at 200km/h with UNLIMITED AMMO!
We provide a safe playing environment by filling our field with inflatable barriers, having all games closely refereed and providing head and body armor. Book your private game today- unlimited ammo and all equipment provided!
Price: $69 per person with up to an hour game time and 5 different awesome scenarios.
Vortex 12D motion theatre
Venture to the edge of reality when you visit New Zealand’s most thrilling 12D motion theatre.
With our edge-cutting adventure you will experience up to 12 different awesome effects such as snow, wind, rain, bubbles and a few more surprises as you buckle up for the ride of a lifetime!
The entire experience is tailored personally to your group, where you are seated in your own private theatre so absolutely everyone can be a part of the action!
But wait, the fun does not stop there – Strike a pose in front of our giant green screen and let our staff work their magic for you to take your experience home with you.
We also have our awesome Chill Zone which is a great place to relax and enjoy a range of snacks and drinks whilst enjoying our complimentary Wi-Fi and Nintendo Wii.
Prices: Adult $29 – Kids $19. Entry includes two rides. Additional 2 rides only $9.
Hero Blast & Laser Tag
Forget everything you previously knew about traditional laser tag!
Xtreme Laser Tag & Heroblast is a thrilling high impact experience designed for adrenaline pumping gaming!
Enjoy all the fun in our newly extended arena on Lower Shotover Street, where we have the newest all-weather activity that’s packed with adrenaline and sure to get your heart pumping!
Choose every man for himself challenges or form alliances for team scenarios and zap your opponents with multiple game choices!
Our Tippmann 98 Combat guns and specialized ‘Hero’ gloves transport you into various battle scenarios that are transmitted straight to you for quick changing game modes.
This is the future of non-lethal tactical combat. Our light weight equipment means everyone can get involved from the youngsters to the young at heart!
Prices from $49 per person with up to an hour game time and 5 different awesome scenarios. Open 10am till late- 7 days a week
‘KIDS ONLY’ entertainment! Everyone wins! Treat the kids at our awesome Kidz Club, while you enjoy Queenstown at your own pace. Our awsome Kidzclub is perfect for ages 4-13 years. Our fun filled program includes:
- 12D Motion Rides at Vortex
- Xtreme Lasertag
- Xtreme Indoor Reball
- Green Screen Fun
- Nintendo Wii
- Face-painting and all kinds of fun games run by our fantastic super enthusiastic staff.
- And last but not least free popcorn and slushy!
We can take kids of your hands hourly, half or full days. We are here for you 10am to 10pm, 7 days a week. Whether you’re on holiday or the kids want an after-school activity, Kidz Club Queenstown is a fab and friendly place where they can have a blast. Bookings are recommended but walk-ins always welcome.
|Laser Tag||$49 pp|
|Hero Blast||$49 pp|
|Kids Zone 1hr||$60 (1 child) $115 (2 children) $165 (3 children)|
|Kids Zone 2hr||$115 (1 child) $215 (2 children) $300 (3 children)|
|Kids Zone 3hr||$165 (1 child) $300 (2 children) $420 (3 children)|
|Kids Zone 1/2 day||$210 (1 child) $370 (2 children) $500 (3 children)|
|Kids Zone full day||$400 (1 child) $700 (2 children) $800 (3 children)|
- Book online -Thrill Zone offers an easy-to-use system for reserving your Laser tag, Reball, and Hero Blast games. Although walk-ins are welcome, you can avoid disappointment by looking for open spots directly through their website. Prices are listed directly and you can pay with credit card.
- Watch for promos – Although well worth the money for a couple hours of unforgettable fun, you can watch for discount pricing and group specials. Pricing for Kids Club varies depending on how many children there are, with discount pricing for multiples. Follow Thrill Zone on Facebook to see other special events and promos.
- Get comfortable – It might seem obvious to leave the high-heels behind for a day at Thrill Zone but make sure to wear comfortable closed-toe shoes for the more physical activities. You’ll be running, dodging, rolling, and jumping around if you play Reball, Laser tag, or Hero Blast, so a change of clothes is something to consider when you’re ready to enter the real world once again.
Getting to Thrill Zone from anywhere in Queenstown is a piece of cake; it sits just blocks from the downtown core, almost directly in front of the bay. Walking is a great option to see the water and to avoid parking; going from the centre it’s just a quick jaunt down Ballarat street (turning into Mall street) a right on Rees street until you hit Shotover and hang a left. You should see the sign for Thrill Zone from the sidewalk.
- Bus – Queenstown has just one bus company, called Connectabus and prices will differ depending on the distance you are travelling. The closest bus stops to Thrill Zone sit along Beach street. You can hop on a number 9 if coming from South West. The number 11 also stops close, on Stanley street (about a ten minute walk) if you are coming into Queenstown from the other direction.
- Taxi – Queenstown Taxi is available to serve you while in the city, from the downtown core the ride is just over four minutes. There is also an “environmentally-friendly” fleet of hybrid and diesel cabs ready to take you where you need to go through Queenstown Green Cabs.
- Bike – As mountain-biking is a very popular activity in and around Queenstown, there are a variety of bike-rental shops to choose from. This is a great option for getting around the downtown area, including your trip to Thrill Zone. A few of the companies are: Bike Queenstown, Vertigo Bikes, and Outside Sports Bikes.