The Wheel of Brisbane is the ultimate Brisbane City attraction, offering incredible views of the city to those capable of handling the soaring heights of this classic attraction. Measuring almost 60 metres tall, the Wheel of Brisbane showcases some of the best of the Brisbane City skyline, and the surrounding natural environment on the Brisbane River. Of course, all of this can be enjoyed in air-conditioned comfort, inside one of the wheels relaxing and comfortable gondolas.
The Wheel of Brisbane Photos
- The Views – The Wheel of Brisbane’s unique offering to visitors is that unlike a simple ‘at a height’ viewing of the city, the Wheel is able to offer views in 360 degrees of beauty. This includes a incredible perspective over the Brisbane River, city, Parklands and even South Bank. The Wheels gondolas are fully air-conditioned, and can hold up to 6 adults and 2 children.
- V.I.P. Cabin – For special occasions, from birthday adventures to wedding proposals, the Wheel of Brisbane offers the V.I.P. Cabin. This gondola is smaller than its neighbours, with room for just 4 adults, and is decked with leather seats and tinted windows. A ride on this particular gondola comes with personalised service, including your choice of music, and eight full revolutions (double the normal amount) meaning the ride lasts around 25 minutes.
- Photo Memories – The Wheel of Brisbane provides a photo memories service to visitors who didn’t quire get the photograph they were hoping for. This service, which is at a cost, utilises green screen photographic technology to provide customers with the best photographs for their needs.
- Audio Guide – During their ride on the wheel, visitors will be able to listen to the audio system that has been installed to give visitors a history of Brisbane and the sights they’re seeing. This audio excursion includes history, interesting facts and also works well as an orientation to landmark locations in Brisbane.
|Child (4 – 12 years)||$12|
|Infant (1 – 3 years)||FREE|
|Family (2 adults, 2 children)||$50|
|Private Gondola (max 6 adults, 2 children)||$95|
|V.I.P. Gondola (max 4 adults)||$110|
- Day and Night – Although Brisbane City is most definitely stunning at all times of the day, most customers on the Wheel of Brisbane would agree that the best time to see the views are at night. The amazing height of the wheel, along with the incredible lights of the city skyline, serve up all the best in city photography and the experience of floating through the sky.
- Vouchers – The Wheel of Brisbane has been known to offer discount vouchers in and around Brisbane City, its website and social networks, or even free rides for children on certain days, so keep your eyes out for a deal.
- Surrounding Attractions – The Wheel of Brisbane is in very close proximity from the Southbank Parklands. An easy walk from the Wheel takes visitors to the beautiful artificial beach at the Parklands called Streets Beach, as well as Aquactivity, a children’s attraction, and Boat Pool, for swimming. All of these are free to use, and are patrolled by lifeguards most of the year.
- Train – From Central, take the Beenleigh, Gold Coast, Cleaveland or Inner City Line to the South Brisbane stop. The Wheel is a few minutes walk from here, and can be seen from the station.
- Bus – From Central, take any bus heading in the direction of the Cultural Centre (116, 196, 345, 385, among others) and alight at the Centre. The Wheel is a short walk from here.
- Walk – From Brisbane City, cross the Victoria Bridge and head towards the Wheel at Southbank. It can be seen from the bridge, and the walk takes around 15-20 minutes from Central.