There is so much more to Las Vegas than the casinos on the Strip.
You can have a different kind of adventure when you go off the beaten track.
That said, why not leave the bustling city center and head to the desert for a day?
In addition, the sand dunes offer unique thrills you will never forget.
We’ve found the best desert ATV riding and dune buggy tours in Las Vegas!
1. Hidden Valley and Primm ATV Tour
Make your way to the Hidden Valley/Primm from Las Vegas in a unique way – by going on an ATV/quad tour.
You don’t need prior experience to enjoy this adventure!
Travel through rugged desert terrain and enjoy a different Las Vegas experience.
This is a wonderful chance to leave the concrete Vegas jungle and be closer to nature’s beauty.
You’ll spend 6 exiting hours in Las Vegas’ natural outback
What sights can you enjoy on this ATV tour?
- Seven Magic Mountains desert art installation.
- Roach Dry Lakebed.
- Hidden Valley.
- McCollough Mountain range.
- Fashion Outlets of Las Vegas.
2. ATV Tours at Nellis Dunes from Las Vegas
Enjoy the spectacular views in Nellis Dunes while on this ATV tour.
The area has been attracting off-highway riding enthusiasts since the 1970s.
In addition, these tours operate rain or shine so you can enjoy the ATVs and quads regardless of the weather.
You’ll have the rush of a lifetime on this 4-hour tour!
What makes this ATV tour awesome?
- The multi-terrains of Nellis Dunes makes it an ideal location for riders of all skill levels.
- This tour covers miles of canyon trails and sand dunes in 2.5 hours of riding time.
- You will usually see fighter planes performing jaw-dropping acrobatic stunts in the sky above you.
3. Hidden Valley ATV Half-Day Tour from Las Vegas
Get ready for a thrilling time in the Mojave Desert!
This half-day tour gives you all the time you need to enjoy the harsh yet stunning scenery.
Feel the adrenaline rush of riding a powerful ATV under the hot Nevada sun.
Take your time gazing at the awesome views, far away from the noise of the Strip.
All safety equipment will be provided on this great 4-hour tour.
What will you see on this ATV tour?
- Seven Magic Mountains 7 painted boulder totems, a desert art installation by Ugo Rondinone.
- Nevada’s McCollough mountain range.
- Breathtaking desert views away from the Strip’s hustle and bustle.
4. Half-Day Mojave Desert ATV Tour from Las Vegas with Lunch
This half-day tour takes you on an exciting ATV ride through the Mojave Desert.
You will enjoy a meal included in this package.
You can have breakfast for the 7 am tour and lunch for the 1 pm tour.
An egg & cheese sandwich awaits you for breakfast.
Meanwhile, your lunch is a filling all-American burger and fries.
This is an unforgettable 4-hour tour.
What makes this ATV tour special?
- A professional guide will pick you up from your hotel, and take you back after the tour.
- The professional and friendly guide will keep you informed about the area’s details, and about the ATV ride.
- Re-energize your body and enjoy the included meal after your ATV ride.
5. El Dorado Canyon and Gold Mine Trip
Ready to enjoy an exhilarating gold rush experience?
In this case, this tour takes you to the historic El Dorado Canyon through an off-road ATV ride.
You will enjoy free snacks included in this tour.
In addition, you will have a free hotel pickup and drop-off service.
This 6.5 hour tour is perfect for grownups who love adventure.
What makes this a memorable ATV tour?
- Pass by the small town of Nelson, Nevada, which was originally called Eldorado and the site of one of the state’s major gold strikes.
- See the Eldorado Canyon where the Spaniards made the original gold discoveries in the area.
- Go on a walking tour of the Techatticup Gold Mine, the gold mine which used to have the largest production in Southern Nevada.
6. Valley of Fire ATV Tour from Las Vegas
The Valley of Fire is a state park known for its magnificent rock formations and red sand.
In particular, this red hue makes the valley look like it is on fire.
In fact, the redness of the rock formations is emphasized during sunny days.
As a result, you will be surrounded by breathtaking scenery while enjoying this ATV tour.
Enjoy this remarkable 7-hour tour in the unique environment, Valley of Fire.
What are this tour’s highlights?
- The trails will definitely be enjoyed by both novice and expert riders.
- This tour includes a thorough safety briefing, including safety equipment.
- A picnic-style lunch will keep you recharged after all that ATV riding excitement.
- In addition, all park fees are included in this tour’s price.
7. ATV Tour of Lake Mead and Colorado River from Las Vegas
This ATV tour takes you through the historic Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
In particular, you will learn about the rich history of the sites in and around this area.
Specifically, discover the history of the Colorado River, Lake Mead, and Eldorado Mines.
Stop at the Colorado River banks to take spectacular photos.
In addition, you can splash in the water during the summer months!
This is a 6.5 hour tour.
What are the highlights of this ATV tour?
- Stop at the Hoover Dam for 15 minutes to take memorable photos and videos of the historic site.
- Drive the ATV through Lake Mead National Park.
- Enjoy a photo opportunity by the Colorado River, where you can splash around during summer.
- Re-energize your senses with the lunch included in this tour.
8. Mini Baja Buggy Half-Day Tour from Las Vegas
This is the most electrifying buggy tour available in Las Vegas!
You can choose from a one or two-seater dune buggy.
Specifically, each buggy is custom-built to take on the rugged Nevada terrain.
You are required to wear a full face helmet and a four-point harness at all times for safety purposes.
Ride through the challenging terrain onboard the buggy, which you’ll be able to operate just like a regular car.
To illustrate, the buggy includes a gas pedal, brake pedal, and a steering wheel.
This is an unforgettable 3-hour tour.
What makes this such an exciting ATV adventure?
- Navigate the aggressive terrain in a well-equipped buggy for an exhilarating experience.
- In addition, you’ll discover why this tour was dubbed “Vegas’ Best Near-Death Experience” by Rolling Stone magazine.
- Feel the adrenaline rush as you try to conquer the rough terrain and test your driving skills in the process.
9. Nellis Dune Buggy Tour
This dune buggy tour beats any roller coaster ride when it comes to the level of thrills involved.
Feel the wind in your face as you navigate the Nellis Dunes onboard a customized dune buggy.
Specifically, it is built for your safety as it traverses the rugged terrain.
Meanwhile, get closer to nature’s beauty as you marvel at the desert scenery and soar over the sand dunes.
Have fun on this thrilling 3.5-hour tour!
Check out these amazing sights included on this ATV tour.
- Nellis Dunes with its exciting off-road trails and beautiful scenery all around.
- Rattlesnake Cliffs on the lower end of the Aunt Jenny Trail.
- Gaze at Lake Mead and the Las Vegas Strip, both visible in the distance.
- You have the option to take a lap on the Sony Motorstorm course.
10. Valley Of Fire Buggy Tour
Enjoy the breathtaking scenery in the Valley of Fire on this off-roading adventure.
Prepare to be awestruck when you come closer to the magnificent red rock formations.
Discover why this area is hailed as one of the best off-roading areas in the United States by numerous magazines.
Lunch is included to keep your hunger at bay after such an exciting escapade.
Enjoy the Valley of Fire with this 7.5-hour tour.
What makes this ATV tour a great choice?
- All the buggies are customized to keep up with the challenging Nevada terrain, with seatbelts and roll cages.
- All safety equipment, such as helmets and goggles, are included in the price of the tour.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off, as well as lunch, are included as well.
- Enjoy the 3.5-4 hour buggy ride through some of the most aggressive terrains while surrounded by astounding vistas.
11. Extreme Dune Buggy Night Tour from Las Vegas
This nighttime dune buggy escapade is guaranteed to provide you with an heart-pumping experience.
The buggy is built to be driven like a regular car, with the added challenge of rough desert terrain.
To make this an even more extreme experience, this tour is limited to only 7 people at a time.
Enjoy this unforgettable nighttime experience for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
What can you expect in this thrilling ATV adventure?
- Get the chance to drive a custom-built dune buggy through a recreation area dotted with valleys, dunes, washed-out creek beds, and trails.
- Chase your professional guide’s buggy through the darkness of the desert to make this an even more memorable experience.
- Your buggy is equipped with a four-point harness, lights, and roll cage to keep you safe.
- You can drive as fast as you want under the nighttime desert sky for 50 minutes!
12. Desert Off-Road RZR Adventure from Las Vegas
Explore the Mojave Desert while onboard a 4×4 vehicle built to take on the rugged terrain.
Spend a few hours away from the hustle & bustle of the Strip as you enjoy the quieter yet still thrilling desert scenery.
A 30-minute vehicle orientation and safety briefing will prepare you for this exhilarating experience.
You will be provided with the required safety equipment, including a full-face helmet equipped with a radio.
This 2-hour tour is great for visitors new to ATV experiences!
What makes this ATV tour unforgettable?
- A professional off-tour guide will take you to the most exciting trails and stunning scenery.
- Navigate the desert in a Polaris RZR XP1000 UTV which is almost effortless to drive.
- You will usually get the chance to see native wildlife in their natural environment.
- Snacks and complimentary bottled water is included to keep you refreshed throughout the excitement.
13. RZR Desert Adventure with Lunch at the Historic Pioneer Saloon
Make your Nevada desert adventure more memorable by having lunch at a historic saloon.
Take a brief time away from the casinos and nightlife in the Las Vegas Strip and enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings!
Drive a 4×4 vehicle through scenic trails and dry river beds as you gaze at the stunning vistas around.
More importantly, take plenty of photos on this 5-hour tour.
What are the highlights of this ATV tour?
- Go on a heart-pumping 4×4 off-road adventure lasting for 3.5-4 hours on the Mojave Desert.
- The vehicle is fitted to keep you safe as it takes on the challenges of the desert terrain.
- Stop for an unforgettable lunch at the Pioneer Saloon, which looks like something you’ll see in a ghost town and has been serving drinks for more than 100 years.
14. 3-Hours You Drive UTV Las Vegas Desert Experience!
This private UTV tour lets you create unforgettable memories only with the ones you want to spend time with.
Drive a 1000cc UTV and enjoy a thrilling off-road escapade away from the busy Las Vegas Strip.
3 hours riding time will allow you explore at your own leisure, driving at a pace you are most comfortable with.
Allow for 5-6 hours in total as you make your way to various scenic locations.
What makes this ATV tour special?
- This UTV tour gives you the freedom to choose only the people you want to be included so you can spend time together in privacy.
- Enjoy off-roading through the Mojave Desert, Lake Mojave, and explore a few abandoned mines surrounding the Katherine Mine area.
- The guide will lead you up to more than 4500 feet to get to a mountain range, where you can enjoy fantastic views you will not see anywhere else in Las Vegas.
- You and your group can have unlimited photos taken all day, with complimentary prints provided.
15. Full Day UTV Experience at Lake Mohave
Enjoy this private day tour only with your chosen group of friends or loved ones.
Drive your own UTV and explore the Mojave Desert, Lake Mojave, and the abandoned mines surrounding Katherine Mine’s abandoned mines.
The UTV is yours to use for a minimum of 4 hours, in your own comfortable driving speed.
This is a way for couples and families to spend time together.
It can also be a unique bachelor or bachelorette party idea.
Allow 6-8 hours for this tour.
What makes this ATV tour an unforgettable one?
- You and your group will be taken to a mountain range at a height of 4500 feet so you can gaze at the awe-inspiring views you will not see anywhere else in Las Vegas.
- Have lunch on Lake Mojave’s beach while surrounded by stunning scenery.
- Photos are taken for you and provided free of charge.
- A GoPro is also provided so you can record the most memorable scenes of your trip, with the footage provided free of charge.
- Personalized souvenirs or gifts can also be made for your group especially if you are celebrating a special event, with a 24-hour prior notice required for this service.
Discover the breathtaking beauty of the desert with an ATV or dune buggy ride.
Specifically, each tour is designed to give you a thrilling experience.
In addition, you will get to see stunning scenery away from the city’s hustle & bustle.
Most importantly, you will appreciate the beauty of the majestic desert landscape outside Las Vegas.