Sandy beaches, the stunning El Arco rock formation, and the vibrant colonial town are just some of the Los Cabos highlights.
Most visitor flock to El Medano Beach, known for its lively atmosphere and plenty of beach activities.
On the other hand, the Tourist Corridor offers serene beaches and secluded resorts are also incredible.
If you prefer staying in the town area, the scenic Marina and vibrant San Jose del Cabo may be to your liking.
So where is the best area to stay in Los Cabos for you?
We’ll take you through each Los Cabos area near the beach and highlight some of the best hotels.
El Medano Beach in Cabo San Lucas
El Medano is the longest swimmable beach in Los Cabos.
So, it comes as no surprise that the area is filled with some of the best resorts.
This lively beach is conveniently close to downtown Cabo San Lucas and all its attractions.
But you’ll find everything you need right there – from bars, restaurants, to beach parties.
It’s also a perfect place for kayaking, parasailing, and volleyball.
If you like the summer hustle and bustle, you should stay in one of the hotels along El Medano Beach.
- Hacienda Beach Club & Residences [Family-friendly] – Hacienda Beach and Club offers spacious residences with full kitchens and private terraces. This resort is home to the acclaimed Hacienda Cocina y Cantina restaurant and the Hacienda Spa. (Official site).
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas [Couples] – This beachfront resort features multiple restaurants, pools, and spa facilities. It offers adults-only swim-up rooms ideal for couples. (Official site)
For more hotels, make sure you check our guide on the Best Luxury Resorts in Cabo San Lucas on the Beach.
Marina in Cabo San Lucas
Marina became one of the most active areas of central Cabo San Lucas.
The Marina Golden Zone offers the best dining and shopping options.
Many restaurants serve local seafood on their terraces overlooking the scenic harbour.
For shopping, the Luxury Avenue and the Paraiso Mall are home to numerous shops.
And if you feel like partying, you won’t be disappointed.
Several bars and nightclubs are situated along the Marina boardwalk.
It’s certainly a great area to stay if you want all the action beneath at night.
- Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal [Family-friendly] – As one of the best resorts in Cabo San Lucas, Waldorf Astoria is an excellent option for families. Besides multi-bedroom suites and villas, the resort houses great restaurants, an infinity pool, and the Tortuguitas kids club. (Official site)
- Grand Solmar Land’s End Resort & Spa [Couples] – This beachfront hotel features signature restaurants, a spa, swim-up bars, and infinity pools. It provides suites with private balconies ideal for couples. (Official site)
The Los Cabos Tourist Corridor is known for its beaches, hotels, and luxurious resorts.
It leads to the famous astonishing rock formation El Arco.
Although some beaches are not swimmable, there are several beautiful Blue Flag Beaches to explore.
The bays of Santa Maria and Chileno are some of them.
If you’re a golf aficionado, you’ll be thrilled with all the fantastic golf courses.
And when you feel like indulging in local cuisine, many resorts offer excellent beachfront dining.
If you’re looking for a secluded, tranquil area to stay in Los Cabos, Tourist Corridor is a place for you.
- Esperanza, Auberge Resorts Collection [Family-friendly] – The Esperanza resort offers beautiful luxury villas and haciendas with a view. The resort has a private beach area and houses six restaurants and a spa. (Official site)
- One&Only Palmilla [Couples] – This tranquil haven offers beautiful suites perfect for couples. The resort has exquisite restaurants such as Seared by One&Only, as well as a world-class One&Only Spa surrounded by tropical gardens. (Official site)
Read our guide on Best Los Cabos Resorts on the Beach [Tourist Corridor].
San Jose del Cabo
San Jose Del Cabo is settled on the tip of the Baja California peninsula.
It’s a vibrant town known for colorful, historic buildings and sandy beaches.
The charming art district downtown is lined with galleries and artisan shops.
The Art Walk is a weekly event that connects all the galleries and local artists with the visitors.
For dining, you’ll find plenty of restaurants based on a farm-to-table concept.
This is the the laid-back and artistic side of Baja California.
Suitable for both families and couples, San Jose Del Cabo is definitely interesting place to explore.
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos [Family-friendly] – This beachfront hotel provides an all-inclusive stay at luxurious suites perfect for families. The hotel also offers daily activities, live entertainment, the KidZ club, and a stunning pool area. (Official site)
- Zadun, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve [Couples] – Overlooking the dunes and the Sea of Cortez, this luxurious hotel houses intimate restaurants and the magnificent Alkemia Spa. It offers artistic suites and villas with private terraces and plunge pools. (Official site)
Read our guide on Luxury Resorts in San Jose del Cabo on the Beach.
Los Cabos Map
Find More Places to Stay in Los Cabos
El Medano Beach is the longest swimmable beach in Los Cabos.
It’s an area full of resorts, restaurants, bars, and beach activities.
For a more tranquil area, The Tourist Corridor is the best option.
It has multiple swimmable beaches such as Chileno Beach and Santa Maria Beach.
Alternatively, check out Luxury Resorts in Cabo San Lucas with Private Pools.
El Medano Beach is a great area in Los Cabos for families.
It offers plenty of activities for all ages such as kayaking, swimming, and snorkeling.
If you prefer staying in the town area, San Jose del Cabo is also family-friendly.
It’s a laid-back resort town on the tip of the Baja California peninsula.
The city is known for its art district, local restaurants, and sandy beaches.
You may also want to consider looking at the Best All-Inclusive Resorts in Cabo San Lucas.
The Los Cabos Tourist Corridor is an idyllic secluded area with the most romantic beaches for couples.
It’s full of luxurious resorts offering honeymoon packages.
You can opt for private beachfront dining options.
You’ll also be close to the magnificent El Arco rock formation.
And if you prefer active vacations, there’s an array of watersports to try.
The Marina in Los Cabos has great nightclubs with a view of the harbor.
It’s one of the most active parts of Los Cabos.
Besides scenic harbor full of luxury yachts, the area offers restaurants, bars, and boutique shops.
San Jose del Cabo also has lively clubs and bars.
Although the town has a laid-back vibe, you’ll find plenty of things to do at night.
San Jose del Cabo is one of the cheapest areas to stay in Los Cabos.
It’s a very lively and artistic town appealing to different kinds of travelers.
Hotels in the town center are cheaper than luxurious beachfront resorts.
The area also has more affordable eateries and shops to choose from.
Moreover, its famous Art Walk is completely free to experience.