Tokyo is one of the most lively cities in Japan known for its quirky culture. They’re also famous for onsen hot springs, where visitors are butt naked in public bathhouses. But if you’re more conservative, you may like the following Tokyo hotels. We’ll show you romantic suites, rooms with hot tubs on the balcony – some even private saunas. So if you’re looking for privacy, here are the best hotels with hot tubs in the room.
1. Hotel Gajoen Tokyo
Located near Meguro City, Hotel Gajoen is the perfect place to take time away from the chaos of Toyko. Its tranquil setting celebrates traditional Japanese heritage by doubling as a museum. All the rooms have a smart, open design, with views of the city skyline or the peaceful on-site garden. You can choose to have rooms designed in a traditional ryokan theme or more Western rooms. That said, the best has to be the stunning Superior Japanese suite, the largest of all rooms available. It’s decorated in antique furniture with extras like a steam sauna and whirlpool bath. The hotel has various restaurants for you to dine in, all decorated in Shinto artwork. Although in a fast-paced city, Hotel Gajoen offers a slower-paced, assured alternative.
- Guest Reviews: Spacious Japanese-style room, amazing bathroom with steam shower and jacuzzi.
- Star Rating: 5 stars
- Best Rooms: Superior Japanese suite
- Address: 153-0064 Tokyo-to, Shimomeguro 1-8-1, Japan
2. The Gate Hotel Tokyo by Hulic
Found right opposite Ginza station, The Gate is perfect for exploring this upmarket shopping district. At the hotel, you can take in impressive views of the Toyko skyline from a hot tub in your private outdoor deck area. Perched high over the city, gazing over the horizon from your hot tub is a great way to appreciate the scale of Toyko. Certain rooms use modernized chandeliers and piler-post beds to build a 21st-century-palace-like vibe. Or, you can stay in the hyper-neo Luxe room with panoramic views of the Ginza and Yurakucho districts. The best room to stay in is The Gate, a comfortable top-floor suite that comes with a hot tub-equipped terrace. You can also enjoy fine teppanyaki in their art deco-inspired restaurant and bar. If you want something more eloquent, you can opt for afternoon tea in their lobby lounge.
- Guest Reviews: Clean comfortable hotel. Great location opposite Yurakucho train station.
- Star Rating: 5 stars
- Best Rooms: Suite with hot tub
- Address: 100-0006 Tokyo-to, Chiyoda-ku, Yuraukucho 2-2-3, Japan
3. Hotel Bamboo Garden Kinshicho
As an adult-only location, Hotel Bamboo Garden is a prime spot for a couples retreat. Near the neon streets of Kinshicho, you’ll have access to some fun experiences while staying here. For an opulent experience, stay in their sharp and sleek king suite. Here you can enjoy a hot tub bath, but for a better time, you can enjoy an open-air bath in their Junior Terrace Suite. Some rooms offer an aromatic flower bath service, serving an elegant experience. Expect welcome drinks on your arrival and top-quality seasonal fruits when you arrive. The hotel has no dining experience, but you can order room service and enjoy the hot tub in style.
- Guest Review: The city views from our terrace were spectacular, and the jacuzzi was a nice touch.
- Star Rating: 3 stars
- Best Rooms: King suite
- Address: 130-0022 Tokyo-to, Kotobashi 4-14-1, Japan
4. Urayasu Brighton Hotel Tokyo Bay
Located in the Toyko Bay area, Urayasu Brighton Hotel caters to everyone. You can get family-friendly rooms or ‘Premium Doors’ that are best enjoyed by couples. The best rooms are the Suites, particularly the View Bath suites. They have a luxury hot tub and panoramic windows to give you views of Toyko Bay. As a couple, you can also try the Lover’s Suite, a sensual space with a passionate red sofa. The hotel is directly connected to Shin-Urayasu Station via a pedestrian bridge; you can easily travel across all of Toyko from this hotel. The Urayasa Brighton Hotel is also great if you’re a Disney fan, as a shuttle runs from the hotel directly to the park. You can also enjoy an award-winning breakfast to complement your stay in this hotel.
- Guest Reviews: Great place to stay, close to Disneyland, the train station, shopping, and restaurants.
- Star Rating: 5 stars
- Best Rooms: Suite room
- Address: 270-0011 Tokyo-to, Mihama 1-9, Japan
5. Hotel Varkin Annex
Futuristic styles collide with traditional values here at Varkin Annex. Located right in the heart of Toshima City, this area has remained authentic despite the rapid growth in the surroundings. Every single room here is distinct across the six floors of the hotel, but all use monochrome designs and abundant neon lights. That said, there is also an open-air bath suite with a lily-pond-like bathing area for you to enjoy and unwind in. The best room for a hot tub experience is the King room with a garden view. Here you’ll get an outdoor hot tub best enjoyed at night when illuminated in a blue hue. Hotel Varkin Annex has a massive food and wine list that you can order for your rooms. You’ll love the experience and staff service during your stay.
- Guest Reviews: Nice size room, loved the open-air bath and the chair massager.
- Star Rating: 3 stars
- Best Rooms: King room with garden view
- Address: 170-0014 Tokyo-to,1-2-2 豊島区池袋, Japan
6. Hilton Tokyo Odaiba
Hilton is a known brand of hotels and guarantees a good experience no matter where you go. This is true even in Toyko, as you can expect comfortable and familiar rooms that are easy to relax in. Located right on the waterfront by Toyko Bay, you’ll have fantastic city views no matter what room you stay in. For a luxurious time, stay in the Twin executive terrace suite. This room has an outdoor hot tub offering dramatic views of the waterside and Toyko on the horizon. It also comes with a private dining area to entertain guests and has a country house vibe to the decor. If you get bored of the hot tub, there’s also an on-site spa for you to enjoy, not to mention a gym as well. The dining is also great, particularly in the executive lounge or their renowned Chinese restaurant.
- Guest Review: This hotel was 10 out of 10, amazing breakfast, great services, and the train stop at the entrance.
- Star Rating: 5 stars
- Best Rooms: Twin executive terrace suite
- Address: 135-8625 Tokyo-to, Minato-ku Daiba 1-9-1, Japan
7. Hotel Coco Grand Kitasenju
Located in Tokyo’s trendy and student-focused Senju area, you don’t have to venture far to find a fun experience. That said, as it’s very close to Kitasenju station, you can easily access the rest of Toyko from here. To get the best out of this hotel, stay in their Twin room with a balcony, also known as the Monaco Twin. Not only does this give you great views of the city, but it also comes with an outdoor hot tub decking area. The rooms have a copper and rust design, making them feel cozy and incorporating British design cues. Coco Grand Hotel also has an amazing spa facility where you can enjoy jet baths, saunas, and massages on request. You’ll love the food at the breakfast restaurant and Donremy Outlet, where you can get delicious cakes.
- Guest Reviews: The hotel is very welcoming. Everything is within walking distance, and I love the hot public bath.
- Star Rating: 3 stars
- Best Rooms: Twin room with balcony
- Address: 120-0034 Tokyo-to, Adachi-ku Senju 3-40-2, Japan
8. Meguroholic Hotel
The spirit of Japan is strong in the Megurohic Hotel. Here you’ll find traditional, dark-wood rooms designed to have an elegant Kanso, using beams and low lighting to achieve this. All the rooms are unique, but the penthouse is the most inspired room available. Inside, you’ll find polished and smooth design elements. But more importantly, there’s a tranquil hot tub area enclosed under a canopy of foliage. Meguroholi Hotel focuses on relaxation, allowing you to soak away the fatigue from the city. Located right on the edge of Merguro City, it has great access to all the major hubs, museums, and attractions. That said, the serendipity of the hotel might make you not want to leave and instead enjoy the bespoke hot tub area.
- Guest Reviews: The hotel is clean and modern with a great location. It’s close to restaurants, bars, and Meguro station.
- Star Rating: 3 stars
- Best Rooms: Penthouse
- Address: 153-0063 Tokyo-to, Meguro-ku Meguro 1-3-14, Japan
9. Hotel Asyl Tokyo Kamata
Hotel Asyl is a light and airy location, making good use of space and natural lighting to create a relaxing area. On the top floors, you’ll have stunning views of Tokyo Bay and the Yokohama area. The hotel has a wellness-first approach, offering guests rooms where they can reset, relax, and refresh. These are the three core principles the hotel builds on. The best room for this is their studio room with a spa bath. This gives you private access to a whirlpool hot tub, comfortable towels, robes, and a stunningly smooth bed from France Bed. You’ll also have an open-plan living area, allowing you to feel right at home here. An on-site spa is also available onsite, but without it, it’s still a brilliant place to recharge when in Toyko.
- Guest Reviews: The room was amazing and the garden jacuzzi was a delight.
- Star Rating: 4 stars
- Best Rooms: Studio with spa bath
- Address: 144-0051 Tokyo-to, Ota-ku, Nishikamata 7-30-5, Japan
Best Time To Visit Tokyo
There are multiple dates throughout the year that are suitable for a trip to Tokyo. To experience beautiful foliage, such as cherry blossoms, spring is a great time. While the season does run for 3-4 months, you’re more likely to see cherry blossoms from late May to early April. However, it’s often very busy during this period, so visit a bit later in the year to miss the crowds. For Autumn leaves, visit Tokyo between September and November. These months will be quieter, offering colorful foliage with suitable hot tub weather. But if you want to make the most of a hot bath, plan a trip in the winter months. Visiting Tokyo from December to February will be the best time, particularly during Christmas.
Where To Stay In Tokyo
- Near Tokyo Station – Staying near Toyko Station makes it easy for you to travel to other areas of this massive city. There are attractions near the station too, such as the Imperial Palace. The Gate Hotel is a great option near the station, offering amazing views and fine dining.
- Near Disneyland – Disneyland Toyko is a major attraction, especially for families. Located on the shores of Toyko Bay, there are plenty of great hotels nearby. Urayasu Brighton Hotel is the best option with rooms suited for families and couples. Although the suites with hot tubs are better suited to couples.
- Odaiba – Odaiba is an artificial island in Toyko Bay between Shinagwa and Koto City. It’s a high-tech entertainment center and is filled with attractions. Stay in the Hilton nearby, offering comfort and luxury. They have Terrace suites with hot tubs.
Are Tokyo Hot Tubs The Same As Onsens?
Hot tubs are not the same as onsens, so when booking a hotel in Tokyo, it’s good to know the difference. An onsen generally sources its water from a natural hot spring. The water is at least 25°C (77°F) and contains a defined amount of mineral components. A hot tub is instead artificial and manmade, with the water being warmed via different means. Hot tubs are usually more private and smaller, making them great for couples. They also have jets installed to create bubbles, whereas onsen water will be more still.
Best Tokyo Hotels With Hot Tubs On The Balcony
- The Gate Hotel Tokyo by Hulic – When staying in the premier Gate room, you can access a hot tub on your exclusive terrace. This suite is right on the top floor, giving you amazing views of Ginza and Yurakucho. It’s brilliant for couples who want complete privacy in an open space.
- Hilton Tokyo Odaiba – They have a number of Terrace suites with hot tubs, but the Twin Executive Terrance Suite is best. All rooms offer views of Toyko Bay, with the best views offered at night.
Best Tokyo Hot Tub Suites For Families
- Hotel Gajoen Tokyo – A number of rooms have hots tubs or jetted baths. For a more modern space, have a look at the Ambassador and Executive suites. For a more cultural experience, check out the Superior Japanese Suite. It comes with a large hot tub and steam sauna. Its peaceful location makes it great for kids and families.
- Hotel Asyl Tokyo Kamata – Sleeping up to six people, the Studio with Spa bath is the best option here. It’s open plan and has private access to a whirlpool hot tub. Kamata JR Station is also just a 2-minute walk away.
Best Tokyo Hot Tub Suites For Couples
- Hotel Gajoen Tokyo – Filled with antiques, Hotel Gajoen is a special place for couples. Besides the private hot tubs, it has Shinto-inspired restaurants and activities designed for romantic dates. You’ll love the gardens surrounding this Japanese-themed hotel.
- The Gate Hotel Tokyo by Hulic – With piler-post beds and chandeliers, the rooms here are super romantic. Rooms have inspiring panoramic views, which you can share with your partner. The restaurant is also a great date location, serving teppanyaki in an art deco room.
Tokyo Hotels Map
- Best Tokyo Hotels with Luxury Soaking Tubs
- Best Tokyo Hotels with Swimming Pools
- Best Tokyo Love Hotels for Tourists
Best Tokyo Hot Tub Rooms
|Tokyo Hotels||Hot Tub Rooms|
|Hotel Gajoen Tokyo||Superior Japanese suite|
|The Gate Hotel Tokyo by Hulic||Suite with hot tub|
|Hotel Bamboo Garden Kinshicho||King suite|
|Urayasu Brighton Hotel Tokyo Bay||Suite room|
|Hotel Varkin Annex||King room with garden view|
|Hilton Tokyo Odaiba||Twin executive terrace suite|
|Hotel Coco Grand Kitasenju||Twin room with balcony|
|Hotel Asyl Tokyo Kamata||Studio with spa bath|