Grand Cayman is a Caribbean Island known for its beaches, coral reefs, and historic sites. Ideal for families, there are a number of luxury resorts with facilities and activities onsite. We’ll show you 5-star hotels, all-inclusive packages, and penthouses for large families. Many properties are located along Seven Mile Beach, but there are also resorts around the island. To make the most of your vacation, we’ve uncovered the best Grand Cayman hotels and resorts for families.
1. The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
The Ritz Carlton is a 5-star beachfront hotel along Grand Cayman’s Seven Mile beach. For the best family room, book the Three-bedroom penthouse suite. It’s one of Grand Cayman’s largest suites, offering sweeping views of Seven Mile Beach. There’s a living area with a 12-seat dining table and a wraparound outdoor terrace, perfect for family gatherings. But if that’s not available, there are other suites that are just as luxurious. Outside, kids will love Starfish Cay – the water playground with slides, splash pools, and water features. On the beach, you’ll find sailing, snorkeling, kayaking, and rafts. With 7 bars and restaurants, Ritz-Carlton offers everything from afternoon tea to fresh seafood and Italian. And if you need some pampering, their spa offers treatments like massages, facials, and body care.
- Guest Reviews: It was perfect for our family vacation. The kids were at the beach, the pool, or the waterpark nonstop. Great kids menu.
- Star Rating: 5 stars
- Best Rooms: Three-bedroom penthouse suite
- Address: Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, KY1-1209 George Town, Cayman Islands
2. Palm Heights
Palm Heights is another luxury beachfront resort on the white sands of Seven Mile Beach. Out of all their 2-bedroom suites, the Executive and Presidental suites are the most impressive. You’ll get all the luxuries inside but you’ll love the outdoor features. Sliding doors open onto the terrace with a private soaking tub overlooking the sea. On the main property, there’s a private beach club, pool, and complete gym. There are lots of family activities, including snorkeling, paddle-boards, and kayaks. Or if you want to relax, check out Garden Club Spa which offers a range of treatments and state-of-the-art facilities. At night, treat the family to dinner on the beach at Tillie’s or the Coconut Club.
- Guest Reviews: Beautiful suite with an amazing view. Fabulous location right on the beach.
- Star Rating: 5 stars
- Best Rooms: Presidential suite
- Address: 747 West Bay Road, KY1-1110 George Town, Cayman Islands
3. Regal Beach Club
Regal Beach Club is an exclusive property offering luxury rentals along Seven Mile Beach. They have 2-3 bedroom apartments that can accommodate small and large families. Inside, you’ll have a spacious lounge area and a full kitchen, so you can enjoy a homely stay. Just a short walk from your room are all the watersports on the private beach. There’s also a large outdoor pool, a separate pool for kids, and a jacuzzi. And after a day in the sun, the area around Seven Mile Beach has plenty to offer. It’s the island’s hot spot, with popular shops, restaurants, bars, and nightlife.
- Guest Reviews: The apartment was perfect for a family of 4. There was a pool for the kids, and we loved the private beach.
- Star Rating: 4 stars
- Best Rooms: Penthouse apartment
- Address: West Bay Road 431, KY1-1202 George Town, Cayman Islands
4. Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, an IHG Hotel
Kimpton Seafire is a luxury lifestyle resort and spa right on Seven Mile Beach. If you want some privacy, check out their bungalows which are more secluded. Although the Presidential suite on the top floor will certainly make your jaws drop. With a private wrap-around balcony, it offers the best sweeping views of the Caribbean. Outside, kids will love Splash Water Park with its thrilling slides and water features. At the Seafire pool, there are lounge chairs, private cabanas, plus food and drinks from the pool bar. You’ll be steps from Seven Mile Beach if you want to try watersports like jet skiing, sailing, and kayaking. At night, enjoy Mediterranean cuisine at Ave, or Mexican street tacos on the beach at Coccoloba. There’s also a world-class spa onsite for relaxing body treatments.
- Guest Reviews: It was an amazing hotel for families. Great amenities for kids. The pool and the beach were gorgeous.
- Star Rating: 5 stars
- Best Rooms: Two-bedroom presidential suite
- Address: 60 Tanager Way, KY1-9008 West Bay, Cayman Islands
5. The Locale Hotel Grand Cayman
The Locale Grand Cayman is one of the more affordable boutique hotels on Seven Mile Beach. It’s also a short drive to Camana Bay, the island’s shopping and entertainment district. For families, your best option is the hotel’s Family suite. Featuring a king bed, a sofa sleeper, and a loft with two twins, it’s big enough for six. There’s also a private kitchenette and a complimentary breakfast every morning. Besides the activities at the beach, you can cool off in the hotel’s outdoor saltwater pool. And if you’re hungry, Bonfire Urban Kitchen is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Guest Reviews: Our family suite was great. Nice loft with two extra beds. Easy access to the beach, and good restaurants close by.
- Star Rating: 3 stars
- Best Rooms: Family suite
- Address: 455 West Bay Rd, KY1-1209 George Town, Cayman Islands
6. Black Urchin Boutique Resort
Black Urchin Boutique Resort is a 5-star property on Grand Cayman’s south coast. Located on the oceanfront, it features 3 private houses designed for big gatherings. From 4 bedrooms to 7 bedrooms, you’ll have the most stunning ocean views from the private pools. Surrounded by palm trees, there’ll be plenty of sun loungers for everyone. Inside, there are more luxuries with separate ensuite bedrooms, a full kitchen, and an elegantly furnished lounge area. Wherever you stay, expect the amenities to be over the top. You’ll also have a personal chef and concierge to assist with all your needs.
- Guest Reviews: We stayed in the Penthouse with our extended family. It was clean and stylish and the service was exceptional.
- Star Rating: 5 Stars
- Best Rooms: Penthouse apartment
- Address: 1264 Bodden Town Road, KY1-1003 Belford Estates, Cayman Islands
7. Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort is an oceanfront property on renowned Seven Mile Beach. Most of their double rooms have a simple configuration of 2 queen beds. They all have balconies so look for an ocean-view room. If space is important, check out their Junior suites. Besides swimming and snorkeling at the beach, you can use their paddleboards. Or you can enjoy their beachfront pool with a few cocktails at Vista Bar. At night, try a handcrafted cocktail at Anchor Bar or al fresco dining at Veranda. For a relaxing break, treat yourself to a massage or body wrap at Botanika Union Spa.
- Guest Reviews: Our room had a lovely balcony overlooking the water. The pool and jacuzzi were a nice size.
- Star Rating: 4 stars
- Best Rooms: Junior suites
- Address: 389 West Bay Road Seven Mile Beach, CI KY1 -1202 George Town, Cayman Islands
8. Wyndham Reef Resort, Grand Cayman
Wyndham Reef Resort is a beachfront all-suite resort on the East End of Grand Cayman. The best room for families is the Beachfront two-bedroom condo. With a king master suite, a queen bedroom, and two Murphy beds, it’s ideal for 6 guests. There’s also a kitchen, a dining area, and a private patio with ocean views. Make your stay even better, and book Wyndham Reef’s all-inclusive package. It’s ideal for families, with all meals, drinks, and house-brand alcohol included. Plus, there are activities including snorkeling, kayaking, and paddleboarding. Also onsite are three outdoor pools and a hot tub. For a bit extra, you can enjoy the treatments and facilities at their spa.
- Guest Reviews: Our condo was right on the beach. We went snorkeling right outside. The cocktails and food were superb.
- Star Rating: 4 stars
- Best Rooms: Beachfront two-bedroom condo
- Address: 2221 Queens Highway Collier’s Bay, East End, Grand Cayman, KY1-1801 Sand Bluff, Cayman Islands
9. The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach is a luxury resort in the western Caribbean. For the best room, we recommend the Ocean pool rooms. These rooms feature a king or two double beds, plus a sofa bed for extra guests. There’s also a private patio or balcony with pool and ocean views. With direct access to Seven Mile Beach, there’s a range of activities for the whole family. Snorkeling and wave runners are available, as well as kayaks and paddleboards. Another popular spot is the swim-up bar at their pool. In the evening, dine al fresco at Ferdinand’s or indulge in fresh seafood at the Beach House. Before you leave, make sure you check out Hibiscus Spa for professional massages and body treatments.
- Guest Reviews: Our room had a beautiful ocean view. It was a great location with a long stretch of white sandy beach.
- Star Rating: 4 stars
- Best Rooms: Ocean pool rooms
- Address: Seven Mile Beach, 30620, KYL-1203 George Town, Cayman Islands
Best Areas to Stay In Grand Cayman
- Seven Mile Beach – Touted as one of the best beaches in the world, every stretch of golden sand is yours to explore. Perfect days here start with a picnic right on the beach. Then it is time for swimming, building sandcastles, snorkeling, and sunset cruises. Take full advantage of this beautiful setting and stay at a hotel nearby too. Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman is ideal for golf fanatics, while Palm Heights will be a wellness enthusiast’s paradise.
- East End – Venture beyond the touristy areas and have an authentic Caribbean experience. What awaits travelers here are unspoiled beaches, hidden coral reefs, and fresh seafood. During your time here, diving is a must-try. For organized diving trips, contact Ocean Frontiers. Despite being one of the only resorts on this side of the island, Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman has every modern amenity you would ever want.
Best Family Attractions In Grand Cayman
- Camana Bay – This bustling waterfront district is the heart of Seven Mile Beach. The easy charm of outdoor restaurants, shops, and ice cream parlors makes it popular among families. To the delight of visitors, live performances and markets are also held here often.
Do not leave without climbing the Observation Tower or watching the boats dock in the harbor.
- Stingray City – A 20-minute boat ride from Seven Mile Beach, these sandbars offer you the adventure of a lifetime. Home to colonies of stingrays, travelers can freely swim and play with them here. Little kids especially love hand-feeding the rays. Your tour also includes a free shuttle to the site from several locations in Grand Cayman.
- Water Sports & Rentals – Enhance your family holiday in Grand Cayman by taking up water sports. No matter what you want to try, be it fishing or snorkeling, you can do so here. If you are a professional, rent your equipment from Adventura Cayman, and you are ready to go. Red Sail Sports also offers fantastic boat excursions for families, with the banana boat rides being the fan favorite.
- Cayman Turtle Center – Visiting West Bay’s main tourist attraction is a must for turtle lovers. Green sea turtles can be seen at every stage of their life, making your time here all the more special. Besides seeing them from afar, you can also hand-feed the turtles and snorkel with them. Do not miss out on the other species in the facility, which houses sharks and butterflies too. Arrive here for Pirates Week to witness the unique turtle releases.
Best Time To Visit Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman, the largest of the Cayman Islands, is known for its pristine beaches and crystal-clear waters. If you’re planning a trip, there’s a lot to consider to guarantee an enjoyable stay. Whether you’re looking for sunny days, fewer crowds, or lower rates, timing your trip makes all the difference.
- Peak Season (December to April) – This period is the best time to visit with warmer temperatures and minimal rainfall. It’s an excellent time for beach activities, snorkeling, and scuba diving. March and April are the busiest months, so for fewer crowds consider visiting December to February.
- Shoulder Season (May to August) – This season still offers pleasant weather, although it’s slightly warmer and more humid. It’s ideal if you’re looking for a quieter and more affordable holiday. There are fewer crowds and discounted rates on resorts.
- Low Season (September to November) – This is the low season with higher rainfall and the occasional tropical storm, especially in September and October. If you don’t mind the possibility of rain, visiting in the low season has its advantages. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxed. Plus, there are fewer crowds and lower prices for resorts.
- Weekdays or Weekends – The best day of the week to visit Grand Cayman depends on your personal preferences. Weekdays are quieter and there are fewer crowds at the beaches and popular attractions. If you enjoy a lively atmosphere, the weekends offer more local events, live music, and entertainment options.
Best Way To Get Around Grand Cayman
- Rent A Car – Exploring every nook and cranny of Grand Cayman is best done on wheels. Renting a car is easy here, as there are many car rental agencies around the airport and Seven Mile Beach. We recommend Marshall’s and Andy’s for cheap daily fees, while long-term renting deals are the greatest at Budget. Keep in mind that people drive on the left side of the road here.
- Public Buses – Save money on your Grand Cayman trip by using public buses. Bus tickets are very cheap compared to taxi rates. You only need to wave them down, and they will stop at most attractions on the island. Yet, be aware that the less traveled eastern routes can be unreliable.
- Taxis – Taxis are a good alternative for getting around Grand Cayman without a car. In Seven Mile Beach and George Town finding a taxi is easy. Elsewhere, you must call the taxi company directly for a ride. Thus, we advise against using them for East End or Rum Point trips.
- Water Taxis – Ocean lovers will especially love this mode of island transportation. Traveling between Camana Bay and Kaibo Beach, water taxis carry up to 33 passengers for a reasonable price. The downside is that they only run one-to-three times a day, making them inconvenient. Download their app here to learn about booking tickets.
- Bicycle Rentals – Take the most scenic road to explore Grand Cayman and go cycling. Renting a bike through Adventure Cayman will grant you free delivery. Their in-package adventure map will include routes to hidden beaches and snorkel spots as well. Bike sharing is also available at Cycle Cayman, with eight stations scattered around popular island locations.
Best Grand Cayman Resorts For Large Families
- Black Urchin Boutique Resort – This residence is the epitome of luxury, located on private property in Boden Town. Onsite perks include unobstructed ocean views, an outdoor kitchen, and a spacious infinity pool. Sleeping up to twenty-two guests, you and your entourage will have the holiday of a lifetime here.
Best 5-star Grand Cayman Resorts for Families
- The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman (photo above) – Set along Seven Mile Beach, this resort is in a perfect location to experience the best of Grand Cayman. Have a blast at the water playground with your kids, then dine at one of the oceanfront restaurants. A sun-drenched rooftop, kitchen and canopy beds make the Penthouse Suite a family favorite.
- Kimpton Seafire Resort & Spa – You will find yourself in a tropical paradise amid the lush greenery here. The Family Suite features bunk beds and an extra bathroom to make your family stay more comfortable. Regarding family-friendly amenities, the resort boasts a kid’s club, waterslides, and a snack café.
Most Affordable Grand Cayman Resorts For Families
- The Locale Hotel Grand Cayman (photo above) – This wallet-friendly hotel is near the beach and famous sights. You’ll love the complimentary breakfasts and spacious rooms. We highly recommend the loft-style Family Suite which can hold up to six people. Although it’s more suited to a family of four.
- Wyndham Reef Resort Grand Cayman – This hotel’s East End setting makes for a relaxing family vacation. Due to their colorful furnishing and full kitchens, the beachfront condos are popular among families. Here, you can also try watersports at a low price as part of your all-inclusive package.
Grand Cayman Map
Best Grand Cayman Suites
|Grand Cayman Hotels & Resorts||Best Rooms|
|The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman||Three-bedroom penthouse suite|
|Palm Heights||Presidential suite|
|Regal Beach Club||Penthouse apartment|
|Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, an IHG Hotel||Two-bedroom presidential suite|
|The Locale Hotel Grand Cayman||Family suite|
|Black Urchin Boutique Resort||Penthouse apartment|
|Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort||Junior suites|
|Wyndham Reef Resort, Grand Cayman||Beachfront two-bedroom condo|
|The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa||Ocean pool rooms|