Are you planning a big night out in London?
Then you’re definitely going to want to hang out in Shoreditch.
Shoreditch has a reputation for being one of the hippest neighbourhoods in London.
It is packed with trendy shops, boutique hotels, and of course, some of the best bars and pubs in the city.
Keep reading to discover the 15 best bars and pubs in Shoreditch at night.
Where to Stay
Firstly, if you’re planning a big night out, book a hotel in the area so you don’t get stranded at night.
With the fun and party atmosphere at pubs after a few drinks, it can be easy to get carried away.
For a hotel near Liverpool Street Station, we recommend staying at Montcalm Royal London House which is only a 6 minute walk away.
They also have some fantastic pubs and bars closeby and on-site.
Modern fare and incredible views collide at Aviary.
This chic rooftop restaurant and terrace bar is a stunning place to be at night, no matter what time of year.
That is thanks to the “skye-line” igloos that reside on their patio.
Guests can reserve an igloo for the night, and enjoy a drink in their own private bubble regardless of the weather.
Located in Finsbury Square in the heart of Shoreditch, Aviary is the perfect spot for cocktail sipping.
There is also an extensive wine list.
For full meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served here so you can enjoy a complete night of food and drinks.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 6:30am-12am; Saturday 7am-12am; Sunday 7am-11pm
- Address: 10th Floor Montcalm, 22-25 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1DX, United Kingdom
Burdock is a casual yet trendy staple in the Shoreditch restaurant scene.
Situated in Finsbury Park, this all-day bar and cafe is all about tank beers, inventive cocktails, and delicious food.
The all-day menu includes the likes of burgers, pasta, and steak.
Meanwhile, they also serve bottomless brunch on weekends with options such as avocado toast, eggs Benedict, and oak smoked Scottish salmon.
In addition to the food and drink, Burdock has its own shuffleboard table for guests to enjoy.
You can find Burdock on the ground floor of the Montclam Royal London House hotel.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday 7am-12am; Sunday 7am-11pm
- Address: 22-25 Finsbury Square, Finsbury, London EC2A 1DX, United Kingdom
3. Long Arm Pub
Long Arm Pub is a traditional pub atmosphere with elevated style.
Its modern, industrial aesthetic coupled with its vegan options make it popular among locals and tourists alike.
Long Arm Pub is known for its beer, all of which is brewed on-site using a TankFresh brewing technique.
So if you’re a beer lover, then you will thoroughly enjoy sampling Long Arm Pub’s unique and constantly changing beer menu.
Beyond the beer, this Shoreditch hotspot is known for being a place where people can gather to watch a big game.
They have two state of the art projectors that provide everyone in the pub with a great view of that night’s hottest sporting event.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday 11am-12am; Sunday 12pm-11pm
- Address: 20-26 Worship St, Finsbury, London EC2A 2DX, United Kingdom
4. London Cocktail Club – Old Street
Step back in time at the London Cocktail Club – Old Street.
This majorly Instagrammable bar is Victorian inspired, featuring an array of antique furniture and decor.
Guests can expect to be welcomed by an old wisteria tree, mysterious walls of mirrors, and woodland creatures.
Beyond the whimsical atmosphere, the London Cocktail Club has a huge menu of creative cocktails.
This includes drinks like Brixton Riot, Cherry Bomb Old Fashioned, Rose Petal Martini, and Darth Jager.
They also have a happy hour every Monday night.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Wednesday 4:30pm-12am; Thurday 4:30pm-1am; Friday to Saturday 4:30pm-2am; Sunday closed.
- Address: 63 Worship St, Shoreditch, London EC2A 2DU, United Kingdom
5. All Bar One
If it’s a stylish spot for food and drinks that you’re after, look no further than Shoreditch’s All Bar One.
Open day and night, All Bar One is here to serve you your morning coffee and your afternoon martini.
Menus are expertly crafted with socialising in mind, along with plenty of shareable, tapas-inspired plates.
The menu includes options like chorizo and halloumi skewers, pil pil king prawns, and several types of burgers.
There are also numerous vegan and vegetarian food options, such as vegan dirty nachos, pad thai, vegetable tempura, and a plant-based burger.
Meanwhile, beyond beer and wine, there are plenty of exciting cocktails to entice you.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 11am-11pm; Saturday 12pm-11pm.
- Address: 18-20 Appold St, Hackney, London EC2A 2AS, United Kingdom
6. The Allegory
In the heart of Shoreditch’s Principal Palace lies The Allegory.
The Allegory is a bright and airy eatery serving light fare and tasty cocktails.
Their all-day food menu is made up of classic pub food with a twist.
We’re talking about fish and chips, mushroom shawarma, buttermilk curry chicken, and fish pie.
The Allegory also serves brunch on the weekends and has a menu specifically for bar snacks and cocktails.
Oh and did we mention it has a patio?
That’s right, in the warm summer months, you can enjoy your pint or glass of wine on a sprawling outdoor patio.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Wednesday 7.30am-11pm; Thursday and Friday 7.30am-12.30am; Saturday 10am-12.30am.
- Address: 1A Principal Place, Worship St, London EC2A 2FA, United Kingdom
7. Momento Bar
Steps from Shoreditch High Street Station is where you will find Momento Bar.
This lounge bar is known for its diverse drink menu and its beer garden.
Momento Bar has an outdoor beer garden that is open year-round – it has a cover for when it’s raining.
They also have happy hour every day between 5pm and 8pm.
Happy hour drink specials include 20% off all beers, ciders and £15.50 bottles of wine.
In addition to drinks, Momento has a modest menu of starters, mains, and bar snacks, with several vegan-friendly options.
- Opening Hours: Sunday to Wednesday 12am-12pm; Thursday to Saturday 12pm-1am.
- Address: 23-24 Shoreditch High St, Hackney, London E1 6PG, United Kingdom
8. The Crown and Shuttle
The Crown and Shuttle is one of the hippest bars in Shoreditch.
As soon as you arrive, you’ll see why.
The Crown and Shuttle features an exposed brick interior with junkyard decor.
It serves award-winning craft beers and has great wine offerings, as well as typical pub food.
The dinner menu includes everything from vegan oyster mushroom risotto and a chicken thigh burger to beer battered cod loin and Cumberland sausage and mash.
Best of all, The Crown and Shuttle has its own garden patio with a permanently parked food truck.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Wednesday 11am–11pm; Thursday 11am–12am; Friday 11am–1am; Saturday 12pm–1am; Sunday 12–10:30pm.
- Address: 226 Shoreditch High St, Hackney, London E1 6PJ, United Kingdom
9. Goose Island Brew Pub
For a slice of the US in Shoreditch, be sure to check out Goose Island Brew Pub.
This unique Shoreditch institution is all about two things: craft beer and Chicago-style food.
For those that don’t know, Chicago is famous for its deep dish pizza and its Italian subs.
Both of these delicious foods are offered at the Goose Island Brew Pub.
Furthermore, beers are all brewed fresh on-site, with rotating guest beers also served.
Many of the beers also happen to be from Chicago, including Goose Island (where the pub gets its name), which is a brewery founded in Chicago in 1988.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Tuesday 12pm–11pm; Wednesday 12pm-6pm; Thursday 12pm-12am; Friday to Saturday 12pm–12:30am; Sunday 12pm-10:30pm
- Address: 222 Shoreditch High St, Hackney, London E1 6PJ, United Kingdom
10. Dirty Dicks
Historic and charming, Dirty Dicks is located mere steps from Liverpool Street Station.
It also happens to be overflowing with mouthwatering draughts, ales, and premium wines.
Not to mention the very finest British food made with seasonal ingredients.
This includes Young’s beer battered cod and char grilled flat iron steak.
All of the food at Dirty Dicks is prepared fresh daily.
Whatever you do here, be sure to explore the bar in its entirety.
It spans three floors, which also makes Dirty Dicks a great spot for parties of all sizes.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Wednesday 10am-12pm; Thursday to Saturday 10am-3am; Sunday 11am-11pm
- Address: 202 Bishopsgate, Spitalfields, London EC2M 4NR, United Kingdom
11. Callooh Callay
Are you a fan of Alice in Wonderland?
Then you have to check out Callooh Callay, Shoreditch’s very own Lewis Carroll-themed bar.
Innovative cocktails are the name of the game at this cozy, low-lit bar.
Their cocktail menu truly has something for everyone.
Options include People’s Punch made with El Gobernador Pisco, Martini Ambrato, Quince Hypocras, and lemon, as well as Big Smoke Gamble consisting of Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Whiskey, Smokey Monkey Scotch, Lapsang Tea, and honey.
In addition, the food menu is made up of bar snacks like arancini balls, a Mad Hatter Bagel, and beef croquettes.
- Opening Hours: Daily 6pm-1am
- Address: 65 Rivington St, Hackney, London EC2A 3AY, United Kingdom
12. Old Street Records
If you like hearing live music while you sip on a pint, then Old Street Records is the place to be.
This lively and spacious Shoreditch locale has a regular calendar of live bands performing every week.
Plus, there is happy hour every day between 5pm and 8pm when 2 for 1 cocktails are offered.
Cocktails range from the Elderflower Fizz to the Espresso Martini.
And of course, you won’t want to miss out on the pizza served at Old Street Records.
Pizza is what they’re known for, so come here if you want to eat pizza, try a new cocktail, and listen to an up and coming artist.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Wednsday 8am–1am; Thursday to Friday 8am–2am; Saturday 9am–2am; Sunday 9am–5pm.
- Address: 350-354 Old St, Hackney, London EC1V 9NQ, United Kingdom
Speakeasy vibes are what you’ll find at Nightjar.
Transport yourself back in time to the 1920s and 30s in this underground Shoreditch bar.
Jazz and blues music is performed live throughout the week.
The cocktail menu is endless, broken up by era, going all the way from pre-prohibition to post-war.
Cocktails include Pura Sangria, Hangman’s Blood, Diamond Spritz, and Flying High (served in a bird-shaped glass).
There are also many vintage spirits on the menu, such as Pimm’s No. 1 from 1905, the Anqituary Scotch, and Walker’s Deluxe.
- Opening Hours: Sunday to Wednesday 6pm-1am; Thursday 6pm-2am; Friday to Saturday 6pm-3am
- Address: 129 City Rd, Old Street, London EC1V 1JB, United Kingdom
14. Be at One
Get your drink on while learning how to be a mixologist at Be at One.
This Shoreditch pub is known for its sweet, sour, and spicy cocktails with cheeky names.
Seriously, cocktails are their speciality so whatever you do, be sure to order one.
Cocktails on their menu include the Reformed Pornstar, Dazed & Confused, Dry Spell, Kiss from a Rosé, and the Lynchburg Lemonade.
They also have featured cocktails of the month that you won’t want to miss.
Beyond their tasty mixed drinks, Bar at One also offers mixologist classes for corporate parties, hen parties, birthday parties, or just for fun!
- Opening Hours: Sunday to Wednesday 5pm-12am; Thursday 5pm-1am; Friday to Saturday 5pm-2am
- Address: 348 Old St, Hackney, London EC1V 9NQ, United Kingdom
15. The Cocktail Trading Co. Brick Lane
Award winning cocktails is what The Cocktail Trading Co. Brick Lane is known for.
The space features funky decor and one of the best drink menus in the city.
Each one of their cocktails is expertly crafted and we can guarantee you haven’t tasted anything like it before.
Options include Molotov’s Cocktail made with vodka, Amaro di Angostura, Pimento Dram, CTC Ginger Beer, the Bride’s Nectar (made of Jasmine Mead and lemon juice), Yellow Chartreuse, and Pere Magloire Calvados.
The Cocktail Trading Co. Brick Lane also offers masterclasses.
Taught by award winning bartenders, you can learn the fundamentals of mixology over the course of a 90 minute class.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Wednesday 5pm-11:30am; Thursday to Friday 5pm-12am; to Saturday 2pm-12am; Sunday 2pm-11pm
- Address: 68 Bethnal Green Rd, Shoreditch, London E1 6GQ, United Kingdom
From Chicago-inspired bars to 1920s speakeasies, there are plenty of hip bars and pubs in Shoreditch.
We hope this list has inspired you on your upcoming trip to London.