You’ve probably heard of Orlando for its incredible theme parks.
But guess what – your trips aren’t just limited to Disney World or Universal.
An ideal destination for a family trip, Orlando comes with hundreds of unconventional activities for your short as well as extended itineraries.
Interestingly, most of these options cater to the whims of night owls.
So if you love heading out after sundown, here are couple of fun, exciting and unique tours that’ll totally blow your mind!
- 1. Escape Rooms
- 2. Helicopter Night Tour
- 3. Florida Airboat Adventure At Night
- 4. Evening Kayaking
- 5. Go Orlando Explorer
- 6. Wonderworks Orlando
- 7. Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Orlando
- 8. Fun Spot America
- 9. Kings Dining & Entertainment
- 10. Madame Tussauds Orlando
- 11. Universal CityWalk
- 12. Disney Boardwalk
- 13. Disney Fireworks
1. Escape Rooms
This is a fun and interactive activity for private parties, families and couples who love puzzles.
There are plenty of escape rooms to choose from in Orlando and they all open till late at night.
However, if you had to pick one, we recommend The Great Escape Room, who were the first to open in Orlando and third in the country.
They are highly rated by guests and have put together the best escape rooms in Orlando.
Different room styles are available to suit various skill levels and number of participants.
Current featured escape rooms are Professor Moriarty’s GameRoom, The President’s Bunker, and Dr Watson’s Infirmary.
Their team can even organise off-site events if you have over 40 people!
Follow them on social media to see what exciting rooms they have planned or contact them directly via email.
The Escape Room details
- Opening hours: Monday – Thursday 6 pm to 10 pm; Friday 12 pm to 10 pm; Saturday 12 pm to 11 pm; Sunday 12 pm to 6 pm.
- Address: 23 1/2 South Magnolia Avenue Orlando, FL 32801. Located Downtown within walking distance to local bars and restaurants.
- Visitors: Recommended for ages 12 years and above, but open to all ages.
2. Helicopter Night Tour
If you’re looking to bask into the scenic beauty of Orlando at night; this helicopter Night Boat Tour is exactly what you need to try!
Departing from the Kissimee Gateway Airport, this trip covers every leading spot of Orlando.
So whether it’s Disney World, the Coca Cola Orlando Eye, Universal Studios or Sea World – this trip will cover it all!
Once you check in at the departing point, you’d be given a clear safety brief that’ll inform you about the nitty gritties of your trip.
Right after that, you’ll board your flight and the pilot will guide you across the skies.
You can expect to see the biggest attractions of the city.
Maybe even the Disney Fireworks if the timing is right!
- Duration: 15 to 40 minutes
- Times: from 7pm
- Departure Point: 4010 4th St, Kissimmee, FL 34741, USA
3. Florida Airboat Adventure At Night
Ideal for thrill-seekers, Florida’s Airboat Adventure Night is meant for those wild spirits who aren’t yet ready to be tamed!
This sixty minute tour will take you across the dark swamps of the city.
You’ll get to see rare wildlife, amid a picturesque natural setting.
Departing from Southport Rd, this trip will begin at 7:30 pm or 8:30 pm depending on the size of your group.
You’ll find yourself in a 17-seater airboat with like-minded adventure enthusiasts.
Once onboard, your tour guide will explain the habitat and lifestyle of the local alligators.
This is perhaps your only chance to get a first-hand view of wild alligators in the city, especially at night!
- Duration: 1 hour
- Times: from 7:30pm depending on season
- Departure Point: 2001 E Southport Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746, USA
4. Evening Kayaking
Picture a scene where you’re kayaking with your family under the beautifully starlit sky.
In this quaint setting, there’s nobody to disturb you.
Away from the bustling crowd of Orlando city, you’re gliding across the water with your family.
If this scene excites you, the evening kayaking tours in Orlando can be your best bet!
Commencing from Florida’s Meritt Island, this ninety-minute night kayaking tour takes you to the neon-lit Banana River.
You’ll also pass by the spectacular Indian River Lagoon and the Meritt Island Wildlife Refuge Center.
Enjoy the amazing bioluminescence night kayaking tour and get detailed insights from the tour guide.
- Duration: 1 hr 30 minutes
- Times: from 7:45pm depending on season
- Departure Point: Haulover Canal, Mims, FL 32754, USA
5. Go Orlando Explorer
Unlike any other tour, this pass gives you a chance to experience Orlando’s top attractions spread over 60 days.
You can choose between 2 to 5 attractions to visit.
It allows for more flexibility for your itinerary, but more importantly, it will save you a lot of money.
Discount vouchers for various restaurants are also included.
- Duration: 60 days
- Times: Various opening hours at night
6. Wonderworks Orlando
Being the only upside-down attraction of the city, Wonderworks truly turns your world ‘upside down’!
The Wonderworks is an amusement park that features hundreds of interactive activities for kids and adults of all ages.
Unconventional artifacts, unique games and interactive activities are only a few among the hundreds of attractions at Wonderworks.
If you upgrade your pass to a VIP one, you also get to enjoy the Outta Control Dinner show.
This show gives you a chance to enjoy the hilarious comedy performances while feasting on an amazing dinner.
- Duration: 5 hours
- Opening Hours: Daily 9am-12am
- Address: 9067 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, United States
7. Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Orlando
Like Wonderworks, this is another attraction that opens doors to the world of the bizarre and uncanny!
This family-friendly museum is ideal for anyone who loves exploring the oddities of life.
As you enter the museum, you’d be amazed with the fascinating display of more than 16 weird exhibits.
The museum is located in a massive ‘Odditorium’, the shape of which alone will completely blow you away!
Take your time and learn about all the oddities on our planet.
There are some things you simply can’t learn at school!
- Duration: 5 hours
- Opening Hours: Daily 10am-12am
- Address: 8201 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, United States
8. Fun Spot America
With roller coasters, adventurous rides, go-karts, and arcade games, Fun Spot America lives up to its name.
Your family will love the fun and interactive experience.
You’ll get a chance to jump on some amazing rides including the popular go-kart course.
While most of these rides are incredibly exciting, a highlight is ‘White Lightning’ which is the only wooden roller-coaster in the city.
Try the tallest Skycoaster in the world.
This 300ft Skycoaster will spike up your adrenaline levels like never before.
In case you’re not too fond of thrill rides, try the classic arcade and video games.
There are 100+ classic video games to keep you busy.
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- Opening Hours: Daily 10am-12am
- Address: 5700 Fun Spot Way, Orlando, FL 32819, United States
9. Kings Dining & Entertainment
Located at the I-Drive 360 Complex, the King’s Bowl is one of the top entertainment complexes in Orlando at night.
This sprawling 30,000 square foot complex has more than twenty bowling lanes, stunning billiard tables, 15+ shuffleboards, 20+ ping pong tables, and a huge bocce court.
So if you’re looking to spend a fun gaming day with your family, you’ll find no better spot than this one!
On arrival, book a bowling lane, all lit up to create a fun vibe.
After some friendly competition, head to the ping pong or shuffleboards.
Finally, when you’re done with the gaming, enjoy a meal at the food court.
Choose from delicious pizzas, steak, cocktails and craft beer.
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday 2pm-12am; Friday 2pm-1am; Saturday 12pm-1am; Sunday 12-10pm
- Address: 8255 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, United States
10. Madame Tussauds Orlando
With more than 200 wax effigies of your favorite celebrities, Madame Tussauds Orlando is an ideal spot for photography enthusiasts.
Take as many photos as you can with your favorite movie stars, celebrities, athletes, and historical legends.
Additionally, you will also get access to the special, theme rooms.
Head out with your family and pep up your average day hanging with all the celebrities.
- Duration: 1-2 hours
- Opening Hours: Sunday to Thursday 11am-7pm; Friday to Saturday 11am-8pm
- Address: 8387 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819, United States
11. Universal CityWalk
Often touted to be the entertainment hub of Orlando, the Universal Citywalk is a three-block promenade.
You’ll find plenty of mid to high range restaurants in this complex.
Head to ‘Antojitos’ for some Mexican street food or ‘Bubba Shrimp’ for an authentic sea-food fare.
In case you’re looking to try the classier options, ‘Emeril’s Orlando’, ‘Jimmy’s Buffet’ or ‘Hard Rock Cafe’ can be your best bets.
Universal Citywalk comes with hundreds of leading retail outlets as well.
Most of them feature their logo or mascots along with other recognized brands.
You can visit ‘The Island Clothing co.’ and ‘The Fresh Produce’ for pretty, chic and elegant clothes.
Alternatively, ‘Universal Studios Store’ and ‘The Rock Shop’ are your ultimate destinations for souvenirs.
If you’re out with kids, you can’t really miss this spot.
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- Opening Hours: Sunday to Thursday 11am-9pm; Friday to Saturday 11am-10pm
- Address: 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608, United States
12. Disney Boardwalk
With unique shops and unlimited options for entertainment, the Disney Boardwalk is a favorite destination for night-owls.
Sing along the soulful pianos, choose from the exquisite dining options or enjoy some classic arcade games.
If you’re fond of the jazzy numbers from the 80s or 90s, simply head to the Atlantic Dancehall.
For soulful tune of pianos, visit Jellyrolls.
Disney Boardwalk also comes with an amazing selection of fine dining options.
Whether it’s the Abracada Bar, or the Big River Grille & Brewing Works, you’ll find the best American street-fare at these spots.
The beers are handcrafted to perfection.
There’s also a special kid’s menu featuring top favorites like hamburgers, pasta, pizza and sandwiches.
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- Opening Hours: Daily until 10pm
- Address: 2101 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32836, USA
13. Disney Fireworks
Experience the spectacular Disney Fireworks to end your trip in Orlando on a perfect note.
A perfect way to spend your last day in the city, the magnificent Disney Fireworks will surely keep your whole family in awe.
Obviously, it’s best if you spend the day at Disneyland.
Where can you watch the Disney Fireworks outside the park?
- The promenade at Disney’s BoardWalk.
- Capa at the Four Seasons Orlando.
- The marina at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Seven Seas Lagoon cruise.
- The beach at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- Eleventh floor at Reunion Resort.
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
- Characters In Flight Helium balloon.
Well, now that you know the best activities and attractions in Orlando at night, choose your favorites and head out with your family for an adventure of a lifetime.
- 17 Best Orlando Hotels with Fun Water Parks
- 11 Best Orlando Hotels with Hot Tub in Room
- 8 Best Orlando Theme Parks with Roller Coasters
- 26 Romantic Things to do in Orlando for Couples
- 14 Non-Disney Hotels near Disney World (Free Shuttles)
- 11 Things to do in Orlando with Kids Besides Theme Parks