Are you planning a trip to London?
If you’re visiting major attractions, be prepared to wait in line.
London’s transport can be confusing at first for visitors stopping at multiple places.
However, if you’re on a private tour, you’ll be spoiled for choices.
We’ve found 29 private tours with guides who will direct and inform you of all the best things to do in London.
1. Private Tour: Black Taxi Tour of London
The best way to explore London is in a guided private black taxi.
London taxi drivers have one of the world’s most difficult exams to ensure they know all the secret lanes and streets of the city.
On this tour, your driver can guide you to the best attractions in the city and save time.
Why is a private guided black taxi tour a great tour option?
- You’ll have a highly-experienced driver to guide you through the city’s attractions.
- Enjoy unmatched personalised service from your personal guide.
- Most importantly, you can customise the route to suit your preference.
2. Private Full Day London Walking Tour
Get up close and personal with iconic landmarks on this walking tour.
During the tour, you’ll see the cultural, political, and historical attractions that dot the London cityscape.
For example, you’ll pass by popular attractions like Trafalgar Square, William Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, Tate Modern and St Paul’s Cathedral.
A professional, friendly guide will keep you entertained and well-informed throughout the day.
Ultimately, this private guided tour offers a more personalized experience.
What are the highlights of this walking tour?
- Learn more about the powerful personalities who ruled Great Britain, and where they worked and lived.
- Explore the political and social center of London.
- See iconic London landmarks such as the Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the Buckingham Palace, and Tower Bridge.
- Take a break and check out great street food and renowned restaurants in areas such as Soho, Little Italy, or the Borough Market.
3. Private Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and Bath from London
Visit some of the most renowned historical landmarks from London with this 12-hour tour.
You can skip the long lines on this private tour so you can enjoy more time exploring each site.
The private vehicle can stop anytime along the way so you can take photos or enjoy a short break.
First, you’ll stop at Windsor Castle for a couple of hours.
Then you’ll see the incredible Stonehenge.
Lastly, stop at Roman Baths and admire the unique architecture.
What are the main attractions you’ll see on this private tour?
- Windsor Castle
- The Roman Baths
4. Private Tour of London’s Historic Pubs
This private tour will let you discover the wonders of the London pub scene.
At each pub, your guide will share stories of the location, as well as tips on the best alcohol and beer.
This fully-narrated tour will let you soak up the city’s atmosphere, with free drinks to make it even more enticing!
What places will you visit on this tour?
- 4 pubs in Holborn, Fleet Street, and Black Friars.
- A restoration ale-house.
- A Victorian gin palace.
- An art nouveau public house that looks like a Medieval hall.
5. Shoreditch Street Art Private Photography Tour
Discover the dynamic and colorful vibe of London’s East End with this private photography tour.
Explore the fascinating street art in Shoreditch that changes with new art created daily.
On arrival, you’ll learn how to take spectacular photos of world-famous street art from a professional photographer.
What makes this private tour a great choice?
- Get personalized service from a friendly and professional guide.
- Soak up the thrilling city vibe surrounded by world-famous street art.
- Discover new photography techniques from a professional Fine Art photographer.
- Explore Brick Lane and its art galleries and colorful shop fronts.
6. Private Tour: Discovering the British Museum
This thrilling private tour will let you explore the world’s largest culture-centric museum at the British Museum.
It showcases cultures from around the world.
For instance, you’ll see Greek, Egyptian and Roman exhibits.
More importantly, you’ll get a sense or Britain’s culture through your expert guide.
Marvel at the huge displays on this personalised guided tour.
What are some of the fascinating items you’ll see on this private tour?
- Egyptian statues and Egyptian mummies.
- A 1,600,000-old hand ax originating from Africa.
- The Rosetta Stone.
- Assyrian Palace freezes.
7. Private Tour: Tate Britain and Tate Modern
Tate Britain houses an impressive collection of British Art hailing from the 16th century to the present.
Tate Modern, on the other hand, is where you will find a collection of modern and contemporary art from the 20th century.
Enjoy this private walking tour of the two Tates with a more personalized vibe from an art historian guide.
What are the other exciting highlights of this tour?
- Travel by boat down the Thames to see both Tates.
- Soak up the culture & history with a professional art historian guide.
- Lastly, Marvel at the breathtaking views from the top floor of the Tate Modern.
8. Private Tour: St Paul’s Cathedral
Visit one of the most iconic London attractions, St. Paul’s Cathedral.
The site originally housed a church from the 7th century, with the present structure completed in 1708.
Also, its interiors are home to the monuments and mementos of Britain’s most celebrated heroes, such as Churchill, Nelson, and Wellington.
There’s a lot to learn about St Paul’s Cathedral, so if there are any special requests, feel free to add additional notes at the time of booking.
What makes this private walking tour a great choice for enjoying London?
- Get a more personalized experience with this private guided walking tour.
- You can customize this tour to include any special interests you may have.
- Includes all entrance fees to St. Paul’s Cathedral, St. Mary Abchurch, and St. Stephen Walbrook.
9. Private Tour: Tower of London and Tower Bridge
Visit the Tower Bridge and the Tower of London with a personalized feel.
One of London’s oldest buildings, the Tower of London is the best preserved medieval fortress in Europe.
Your private guide will also take you down the river to get a better look at this famous London landmark and other attractions.
What makes this walking tour unforgettable?
- An art historian guide will give you fascinating insights into the history and architecture of the iconic landmarks.
- Witness the tradition and ceremony from the Yeomen Warden with a daily parade in the Inner Ward.
- Enjoy the spectacular views of London from the towers, which reach all the way to Canary Wharf and Greenwich.
10. Private Tour: National Gallery Tour with Art Historian Guide
Go on a memorable private tour of one of the most visited art museums in the world, London’s National Gallery.
On arrival, a private guide will give take you on a walking tour of the museum and the city, sharing stories of exhibits and their history.
And of course, all entrance fees are included.
What can you look forward to when you join this tour?
- Enjoy the works of renowned artists such as Michelangelo, da Vinci, Monet, Picasso, and Rubens.
- This is your chance to trace the history of European art through the centuries.
- Your art historian guide will provide a narrative about the museum’s most celebrated masterpieces.
- Afterwards, you can go on a walking tour outside the museum to explore the city.
11. Private Tour: Harry Potter Black Taxi Tour of London
Explore notable Harry Potter sites from the comfort of your own private black taxi.
Leave the Muggle life to be a part of the world of Harry Potter and his wizard friends.
Your expert guide/taxi driver will take you to the sites within London which are associated with Harry Potter scenes.
What sites made famous by the Harry Potter series will you visit?
- Diagon Alley, a favorite hangout of Harry Potter and his friends especially when they need to buy school supplies.
- Platform 9 3/4 (located at King’s Cross Station) which is the Hogwarts Express’ departure area.
- The spot where Harry Potter and Voldemort first saw each other face to face since the Triwizard Tournament.
- The home of Harry’s godfather Sirius Black, which is also the headquarters of the Order of the Pheonix.
12. Private Tour: Paddington Bear Tour of London
Get a taste of the life of the world-famous Paddington Bear with this 3-hour private tour.
Go around some of the most famous London landmarks as seen through Paddington Bear’s eyes.
Your private guide will give fascinating details about Paddington’s unforgettable adventures, and how the iconic movie was made.
What sites will you visit on this private tour?
- Firstly, stop at Portobello Market to see the antique shop owned by the famous bear’s closest friend, Mr. Gruber.
- See Windsor Gardens, the location for the scenes used in the film.
- Explore Paddington Bear and the Brown family’s home.
- Finally, Paddington Railway Station, the place that the beloved bear was named after.
13. Private Tour: ‘Downton Abbey’ Experience by Black Cab
Go on a Downton Abbey sites tour on board an iconic black cab for a more authentic London experience.
Enjoy this fully-narrated private tour as you learn more about the fictional Crawley family.
On arrival, you’ll have 3 itineraries to choose from, with each one inspired by the popular series.
What are some of the Downton Abbey sites included in this tour?
- Highclere Castle, the fictional home of Lord Grantham.
- The church where all the funerals and weddings were filmed.
- The farm used in the series.
- Go through the Cotswold to the villages that were turned into Downton.
14. Private Tour: ‘Sherlock’ London Filming Locations by Black Cab
This tour takes you to the filming locations used for the popular TV series, “Sherlock”.
Imagine yourself joining 21st-century detectives Sherlock Holmes and John Watson as they go around London in their sleuthing moments.
While sightseeing, relax in a classic black taxi as you listen to your private guide talk about the celebrated BBC TV series.
What iconic London locations and Sherlock landmarks are included in this tour?
- Sherlock Holmes Museum at 221B Baker Street address.
- The British Academy, which is featured in the series as the Diogenes Club that may be a front of the British secret service.
- Location in Soho where Sherlock acted marvellously to fake his own death in the 2nd season finale.
- The exterior of the home of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
15. James Bond Private Tour
Follow the path of the world famous spy, James Bond in this exciting private walking tour of London.
Get to see the actual scene locations used in the most popular James Bond films.
Meanwhile, explore London’s other major attractions the 007 way on this memorable tour.
Which London landmarks are included in this tour?
- Vauxhall Bridge, the home of James Bond, Q, and M – and all the MI6 headquarters.
- The National Gallery, where Bond meets Q for the first time.
- Somerset House, which is transformed into St. Petersburg for a James Bond film.
- Notting Hill and the exterior of the James Bond home in the film, Spectre.
16. Doctor Who Tour of London
Explore London while going through the sites used in filming the Doctor Who TV series.
A classic black taxi will take you to iconic spots in the city, used in the films and the series.
You will also see some hidden treasures off the beaten track on this 3-hour private tour.
What makes this private tour a great choice for exploring London?
- Perfect for fans of the BBC hit science fiction hit series Doctor Who.
- This is a family-friendly tour which can be enjoyed by all ages.
- An informative and fun guide will share fascinating stories about Doctor Who and the Daleks as you tour around London.
17. Beatles Fab 4 London Taxi Tour
Take a trip down the Beatles memory lane with this one-of-a-kind private taxi tour.
During the taxi ride, listen to Beatles hits from the ’60s as you cruise around London.
Enjoy this family-friendly tour with all members of the family!
Which iconic Beatles landmarks can you visit?
- The Abbey Road zebra crossing.
- Outside the house where Paul worked on “I Wanna Hold Your Hand”.
- Abbey Road Studios.
- Lastly, the properties owned by the Beatles, and the places where the Fab Four worked.
18. Chartwell House The Home of Sir Winston Churchill Private Tour
Take a peek at the life of the celebrated Sir Winston Churchill with this personalized tour from London.
Approximately 1.5 hours away from London lies Chartwell, the estate of Churchill containing all original items belonging to the distinguished man and his family.
Like other private tours, this can be customised to suit your preferred pace.
What attractions can be seen in Chartwell?
- The cottage that Churchill constructed for his daughter, Mary, as well as the brick walls he laid himself.
- The estate’s beautiful water features including swimming pools and ponds.
- Impeccable gardens and rose beds once lovingly cared for by Clementine Churchill, and presently maintained painstakingly by the staff.
- Finally, Sir Winston Churchill’s art studio, which showcases over 100 of his original paintings.
19. Private Tour: Stratford-upon-Avon Tour of William Shakespeare Sights
Discover the picturesque birthplace of William Shakespeare, Stratford-upon-Avon with an unforgettable 1-day tour.
A friendly and professional guide will keep you well-informed and entertained throughout the tour, as you enjoy your time away from London’s hustle and bustle.
This tour is flexible – you can customise the itinerary to suit your personal preferences.
What are the highlights of this tour?
- Visit the home where William Shakespeare was born and be fascinated with the details surrounding the shop used by his father for trading.
- Take a look at Shakespeare’s New Place, which was where he and his family lived from 1597 until he died in 1616. Although the house has long been demolished in 1759, a registered garden stands in the site to commemorate its importance.
- Visit the charming 500-year old cottage of Anne Hathaway, where Shakespeare proceeded to court his future bride.
- Finally, see Shakespeare’s grave in Stratford-upon-Avon, which is subject to the church being available when not in use for religious services.
20. Private Tour: Chartwell House Tour from London
Travel through the picturesque English countryside on your way to visit great Sir Winston Churchill’s home, Chartwell House.
Meanwhile, relax in a comfortable car with a private guide/driver to keep you well-informed and entertained throughout the tour.
This is your chance to see the lovely countryside and spend some quiet time away from the bustling London city vibe.
What can you do in Chartwell House?
- Explore the well-maintained gardens and beautiful estate as you enjoy the remarkable views of the surrounding countryside.
- See the garden where the bricks were laid by Sir Winston Churchill himself.
- Also, visit his bedrooms, living room, study, and library to get an idea of how the legendary man lived.
- Check out the riveting collection of his original paintings showcased in his art studio.
21. Independent London Markets Tour with Private Driver
Enjoy a first-hand experience of the flourishing London market scene with this exciting independent tour.
A friendly and professional driver will take you around the city to discover the markets selling virtually everything you can think of.
Above all, get insider tips on where to score the best deals, with a flexible itinerary that you can customize to suit your preference.
What markets and areas can be explored with this guided tour?
- Borough Market where foodies flock to check out the almost 100 stalls selling inexpensive eats and gourmet offerings. You will feel full in no time by trying out the samples being offered by the sellers.
- Portobello Market goes through the chic Notting Hill neighborhood, and is the place to go to for a wide selection of merchandise including clothes, food, antiques, and other items.
- Similarly, a visit to Spitalfields Market will take you to a covered Victorian hall where homemade knick-knacks and vintage clothing are showcased.
- Check out the iconic Brick Lane for retro furniture and similar items to tickle your fancy.
22. Blenheim Palace – Private Tour From London
See the exquisite beauty of Blenheim Palace on a private guided tour – the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill.
Take a break from the busy London vibe and marvel at the breathtaking seat of the Dukes of Marlborough.
You’ll also be picked up and dropped off at your hotel on this 6-8 hour private tour.
What are the highlights of this tour?
- Your personal guide and driver will share a detailed history of Blenheim Palace.
- You will get to tour the lovely rooms, including the one where Churchill was born in 1874.
- Explore the gorgeous and well-maintained gardens with a leisurely stroll.
- More importantly, enjoy a leisurely lunch at the Palace or in a traditional pub in the surrounding villages of Bladon or Woodstock.
23. Private Hampton Court Palace Tour
Discover the magnificence of the Hampton Court Palace, which used to be the home of King Henry VIII, on this private tour.
This fully-narrated tour will give you an idea of how members of royalty lived in such majestic surroundings.
Of course, entry to Hampton Court Palace is included, along with pick up and drop off at your hotel.
What are some of the interesting sights you can discover on this tour?
- Ancient Great Hall and King Henry VIII’s enormous royal kitchens.
- The Cumberland Gallery filled with European artists, such as Caravaggio and Rembrandt.
- Lastly, breathtaking gardens, which are some of the most famous and beautiful in the world.
24. Secret Sanctuary Gardens and Ruins of London Private Tour
This tour lets you discover what most Londoners don’t know – the city’s hidden ruins and secret gardens.
These remarkable places are full of history and are just waiting to be explored.
Veer away from the usual tours of the city’s popular tourist spots, and start exploring the quieter side of the city with these hidden treasures.
What secret spots can be explored with this private guided tour?
- St. Dunstan in the East, which is considered to be the Old City of London’s most beautiful ruin.
- All Hallows by the Tower, an ancient Anglican church which is home to London’s oldest archway.
- Church of St. Bartholomew the Great, a well-hidden garden that also served as a plague pit.
- Finally, St. Olave’s Church and its notable history spanning World Wars, plagues, and Great Fires.
25. Warwick Castle Private Tour from London
Visit the majestic Warwick Castle on this private tour from London, and discover fascinating details about England’s royal history.
This castle has one of the richest histories in Central England, with its presence felt in some of the most notable parts of the area’s past.
After learning about Warwick Castle’s past, we’re sure this full-day private tour from London will be a memorable part of your vacation!
What experiences can be enjoyed in Warwick Castle?
- Get to explore the bedrooms of kings and queens inside the castle.
- See the medieval Great Hall and the opulent rooms dating from the 19th and 20th centuries.
- You have the option to go to the interactive and scary dungeons where you will have a one-of-a-kind experience. However, this may not be suitable for kids.
26. Private Cotswold Villages from London: Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold
Take a break from the frenzied pace of London and visit the breathtaking English villages dotting the Cotswold region.
Inside your private vehicle, you will have free 4G WIFI connection along with free water as you go on the 10-hour journey from London.
More importantly, you’ll be picked up and dropped off from your hotel.
What places can be discovered on this tour?
- Explore beautiful Burford, a small medieval town in the Cotswold hills which is often called the gateway to the Cotswolds.
- Visit the quaint English village Bourton-on-the-Water, which is also known as the Venice of Cotswolds featuring traditional stone houses and low bridges.
- Discover the delights offered by the charming market town of Stow-on-the-Wold, which is also the highest of the Cotswold towns.
- Finally, you will have the chance to explore the 2,000-year old Chedworth Roman Villa as part of this fascinating tour.
27. Jane Austen’s House Museum and Historic Winchester Private Tour
This private tour takes you to the heart of Hampshire to visit the home of Jane Austen.
Enjoy the time away from the frenzied London cityscape with a day in the rural English countryside.
Get to explore at your own pace in a private vehicle.
In other words, you have complete control on where and when to go during the tour.
What are the highlights of this tour?
- Visit the house of Jane Austen, where she revised drafts of Sense and Sensibility, and Pride and Prejudice.
- Get the chance to dress up in period clothing and try writing using a traditional quill for that all-out Jane Austen experience.
- Visit the quaint cottage where Jane spent her final days together with her sister Cassandra.
- Lastly, you have the option of visiting the Winchester Cathedral or King Arthur’s Round Table.
28. Portsmouth Historic Dockyards and HMS Victory Tour from London
Learn more about Britain’s glorious maritime history with a private tour to the Portsmouth Historic Courtyards and the HMS Victory.
You will get to see a variety of Royal Navy ships, as well as visit nautical-themed shops and museums in the historic courtyard.
This private tour ensures that you will enjoy personalized service at your own pace.
What are the most interesting parts of this tour?
- Go through the courtyards as you follow an experienced guide, and learn about the vessels that have fought for and sunk while protecting the British Isles.
- Check out the most celebrated ships, including HMS Victory, Henry VIII’s flagship vessel the Mary Rose, and the HMS Warrior from the 19th century.
- Get the chance to climb the rigging for a peek at an authentic naval experience.
29. Independent Shopping Tour of London with Private Driver
Prepare for some serious retail therapy with this shopping tour around London!
A knowledgeable driver will take you to the best shopping places so you can get the most awesome deals.
Meanwhile, a flexible itinerary lets you customize your tour so you can make the most out of your London shopping experience.
Which shopping landmarks can be included in this tour?
- No London shopping experience is complete without a visit to Harrods, the majestic store in upmarket Knightsbridge which has been open in the same location since 1849.
- Head to London’s Piccadilly and check out Fortnum & Mason, which has been operating for centuries and is arguably Britain’s most famous food store.
- Make sure to explore Oxford Street which showcases all the best brand-chain shops in Britain.
- Finally, stop and shop at Selfridges, one of the finest department stores in the world with its iconic yellow shopping bag.