There’s nothing more amazing than having a special moment with someone you care about – when you’re able to enjoy each other’s company and share a great experience.
And where better to do this than in Nice, France?
Speak the language of love and be seduced by the food, wine and the views around you.
Add the sun-drenched French Riviera and you have a sure-fire recipe for romance.
Here’s our pick of romantic spots and the best things to do Nice for couples, where the atmosphere is amazing on its own, but even better when shared.
- 1. Walk along Promenade Des Anglais
- 2. Enjoy the Views from Castle Hill
- 3. Explore the streets of Old Town
- 4. Molinard Perfume Workshop in Nice
- Book Tour
- 5. Explore Eze
- 6. Russian Cathedral
- 7. Nice Art Tour: Chagall Museum, Matisse Museum and the Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild
- 8. Provence Countryside Full-Day Private Tour
- 9. Best of French Riviera Small-Group Full-Day Tour
- 10. Drive to Fort Du Mont Alban
- 11. Small-Group Nice Food Tour: 20 local Specialities
- 12. Lovers Tour of Nice Local Markets and Best Shops
- 13. Shopping at Cours Saleya Flower Market
- 14. Cruise to Monaco
- 15. Ferry to St Tropez from Nice
- 16. Scenic Helicopter Tour
- 17. Nice City Bike Riding
- 18. Nice Segway Tour
- 19. Nice Le Grand Tour Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing
- 20. Half-Day City Sightseeing Tour in Nice
1. Walk along Promenade Des Anglais
Get the inside scoop on everyday life in Nice at the Promenade Des Anglais.
Visit this stylish walkway that offers spectacular views and the best people-watching in the city.
Grab your skates, bike or walking shoes and swimsuit and kick start a sunny afternoon in Nice.
Wander past attractions such as Place Massena, Palais de la Mediterranee and Hotel Negresco.
Have a rest at the iconic blue chairs and cabanas that line the paved walkway.
To make it easier, book a day trip to Provence and combine your visit with nearby attractions in Cannes, St. Paul de Vence or even Monaco.
Why is a walk along Promenade Des Anglais great for couples?’
- A walk along the Promenade des Anglais at night can be very romantic.
- It’s the place to people-watch and share intimate conversations.
- Visit early in the day to enjoy some private time with your partner away from the crowds.
2. Enjoy the Views from Castle Hill
Absorb spectacular views of Nice from the 300 foot high Castle Hill.
Soak up panoramas of the Old Town of Vieux Nice, the Baie des Anges and the shimmering Cote d’Azur.
Access this lookout by climbing the hill via steps, a train, roads or an elevator.
Once at the top, explore the hill’s green spaces, shady respites and an 18th century artificial waterfall.
A walking tour will take you on a leisurely stroll up to the hilltop’s lookout point.
Alternatively, go on an e-bike tour gliding up the hill before continuing along the French Riviera coast.
Why is enjoying the views from Castle Hill a good option for couples?
- Couples can watch the sun go down over the Bay of Angels.
- Take a picnic and sit in the park.
- Declare your love at sunset from the highest point in town.
3. Explore the streets of Old Town
Enjoy an atmospheric introduction to Nice from the Old Town of Le Vieux Nice.
You can explore the honeycomb of narrow streets peppered with lively markets, baroque churches, bustling squares and a thriving nightlife scene.
There are also interesting attractions suitable for couples including the colorful Cours Saleya Flower Market.
While you’re walking through the streets, admire baroque architecture and the historic landmarks of Place Garibaldi.
Sample local delicacies at the Old Town market.
Then grab a refreshing ice cream from the popular Fenocchio ice cream parlor.
Why is exploring the streets of Old Town great for couples?
- There’s nothing more romantic than Nice’s Old Town.
- Take a walk through thousands of years of history in a tiny neighborhood with the one you love.
- At sunset, go to a bar or restaurant, sit at a table by the street, sip local wine and share a toast.
4. Molinard Perfume Workshop in Nice
Create the perfect scent during a workshop at the Molinard perfume boutique in Nice.
Learn the history, traditions and production of French perfume from an expert perfumer.
Get the inside scoop on how mixologists blend different bases, fragrances and oils to produce sweet-smelling scents.
Learn to identify what ingredients are in your favorite perfumes on the market.
During the workshop, try your hand at perfumery by blending those ingredients yourself.
Then create your own signature scent that you can take home in a vial.
Why is the Molinard Perfume Workshop in Nice a good option for couples?
- What could be more romantic than creating a scent for that special person in your life?
- Create your own signature fragrance using smells and scents that remind you of fond memories with your lover.
- Enjoy a magical experience at a well-known perfumery.
5. Explore Eze
Explore the tranquil village of Eze, high above the glamorous resorts and golden beaches of Cote d’Azur.
Wander the picturesque hilltop town, soaking up its timeless charm.
Take your partner and stroll the winding cobblestone alleys, past medieval homes and shady courtyards peppered with traditional cafes.
Explore the attractive Old town and marvel at the majestic 12th century castle ruins.
You will also witness panoramic views of the Mediterranean while passing the glitzy resorts on the coast.
Combine your tour with visits to nearby villages such as Menton, La Turbie and St. Jean Cap Ferrat.
Why is exploring Eze great for couples?
- It’s a beautiful place to stroll around and take in the view.
- At Jardin Exotique, you can both admire exotic blooms in the stunning gardens.
- Nice doesn’t get any more romantic than this!
6. Russian Cathedral
Explore the history of Nice at the unique Russian St. Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral.
The cathedral was built as a nod to the Russian nobility who were drawn to the mild climate and beautiful location.
There are a range of tours available to explore this interesting architectural delight.
Visitors can admire the fancy onion-shaped domes and brightly colored exteriors.
Go inside to marvel at its collection of icons, one of the finest in the world.
Be dazzled by the interior architecture and color scheme reminiscent of a bejeweled Easter egg.
Why is the Russian Cathedral a good option for couples?
- Architecture-loving couples will find their niche here.
- You can both admire the marvelous interiors and exteriors.
- See Nice through the eyes of Russian nobility.
7. Nice Art Tour: Chagall Museum, Matisse Museum and the Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild
Immerse yourself into the cultural history of the French Riviera on an art tour in Nice.
At Chagall Museum, marvel at the large collection of Old Testament paintings.
In the colorful Matisse Museum, reflect on how the colors of Cote d’Azur inspired Henri Matisse’s art work.
Conclude your artistic tour with a stopover in the town of St. Jean Cap Ferrat, at the luxurious Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild.
You will also see the lavish Italian-style villa with its antique furnishings and art masterpieces.
To make things easier, join a guided tour of the grounds enjoying the 17 acres of gardens.
Why is this Nice Art Tour great for couples?
- Art-loving couples can spend hours browsing the museum collections.
- Take photos posing next to art masterpieces.
- Learn the cultural history of Nice.
8. Provence Countryside Full-Day Private Tour
Explore the beauty and charm of Provence on a private excursion from Nice.
Your first stop is in Cannes to see Palais des Festivals et des Congres where the film festival is held.
At Antibes, tour Musee Picasso, browse the market stalls for souvenirs and stroll the streets of old town.
In St. Paul de Vence, explore the historic town, browse the galleries and soak up the pretty buildings.
At Tourettes-sur-Loup buy olives and flowers from local artisans.
Then head up to Gourdon for picturesque views over Nice, the Mediterranean, the Gorges du Loup and Mount de l’Estrerel.
Why is the Provenance Countryside Full-Day Private Tour a good option for couples?
- The charming historic towns you visit are made for romance.
- A dazzling vista, the views over the Mediterranean Sea will take your breath away.
- Delight your senses at the famous Fragonard Perfume Factory in Grasse.
9. Best of French Riviera Small-Group Full-Day Tour
Couples can soak up the history, glamour and scenery of the French Riviera on a tour from Nice.
You’ll get a chance to explore the highlights of the Cote d’Azur.
Immerse yourself in the glitz of Cannes, Monaco and Monte Carlo.
During the trip, you’ll also come across the medieval towns of Eze and St. Paul de Vence.
Get an authentic taste of Provence at the Fragonard perfume factory.
Finally, marvel at the French Riviera coast as you drive to Antibes, Golfe Juan and Juan les Pins.
Why is the Best of French Riviera Small-Group Full-Day Tour great for couples?
- Enjoy panoramic views of the French Riviera coast.
- Immerse yourself in elegance and opulence at some of the world’s finest destinations.
- Delight both your senses at a notable perfumery.
10. Drive to Fort Du Mont Alban
Soaking up aerial views of the Cote d’Azur can be addictive.
And if you want to see even more from farther up high, Fort du Mont Alban is the place to go.
With an independent car hire service you can go on a leisurely drive to the site.
The grounds are open to the public and free to enter, although tours of the fort are by appointment only.
Once at the top you can enjoy sweeping views from Italy to Antibes.
On a clear day, if you have binoculars you can even see Corsica.
Why is the Drive to Fort Du Mont Alban a good option for couples?
- The fort grounds are a romantic place for a picnic.
- Because it’s just the two of you, it makes for a more intimate experience.
- You can both take in amazing views while enjoying the good weather.
11. Small-Group Nice Food Tour: 20 local Specialities
Indulge in the culinary heritage of Nice on a deliciously fun walking food tour.
Get an insider’s taste of the legendary food traditions in Vieux Nice.
Your friendly guide will lead you to charming sidewalk cafes and local eateries while narrating the culture and history of the French Riviera.
Sample up to 20 regional delicacies with stopovers at specialty food shops and markets.
Feast on local delights including pissaladiere onion tart and torta de blea, and learn to make salade Nicoise.
In between tastings, enjoy a peek at the charms of the picturesque historic center with visits to Cours Saleya flower market, a baroque church and Castle Hill.
Why is the Small-Group Nice Food tour great for couples?
- Savor a cozy meal of classic French cuisine with your date.
- Learn to prepare a delicious salade Nicoise for your partner.
- Show off your knowledge of French food to your date.
12. Lovers Tour of Nice Local Markets and Best Shops
Savor the culinary delights of the French Riviera on a tasting tour of Nice.
As a couple, you can discover Nice through the prism of its food specialties and local cuisine.
Follow your foodie guide to bakeries, restaurants and artisan shops around the city.
Sample an array of regional delicacies including wines, cheeses, olive oils, ice cream and chocolates.
Your guide will also share their knowledge of the region’s history and culture.
Leave for home with tons of recipes of your favorite dishes to perfect at your own leisure.
Why is the Lovers Tour of Nice Local Markets perfect for couples?
- Take away delicious recipes that you can cook for your lover when you get home.
- There will be plenty of opportunities to feed each other on tasty delights.
- You can both enjoy tastings of regional food specialties.
13. Shopping at Cours Saleya Flower Market
A true feast for the senses, Cours Saleya Flower Market is the heart of day to day life in Nice.
Floral fragrances rise in the air, vendors call out to mingling locals in French, and bouquets of flowers fill up the stalls.
With your partner, you can also wander the fresh produce market shopping for fruit, vegetables, spices and pastries.
Alternatively, stop at one of the sidewalk cafés, take a seat and people-watch.
Visit early in the morning to witness the market at its finest before the crowds arrive.
Or go in the evening to find the market plaza transformed into an outdoor dining area.
Why is Shopping at Cours Saleya Flower Market great for couples?
- Couples can stroll hand in hand past brightly painted buildings surrounding the square.
- Witness the shaded stalls explode around you in a riot of color and fragrance.
- The scent of hundreds of different blooms filling the air really is a feast for the senses.
14. Cruise to Monaco
Immerse yourself in the glitz and glamor of Monaco on an excursion to the opulent country from Nice.
Cruise along the French Riviera on an idyllic ferry ride, arriving amid Monte Carlo’s glittering yachts and elegant shops.
You can spend the day exploring local attractions such as the Prince’s Palace and the grand Casino of Monte Carlo.
Take this opportunity to gaze at the grand panorama of the Port of Monaco, marvel at the opulent palaces and admire luxurious yachts.
Conclude your excursion with a visit to a local bar or restaurant to sample gourmet dishes and beverages with your partner.
Soak up panoramic ocean vistas as you sail back along the Mediterranean coast.
Why is a Cruise to Monaco a good option for couples?
- Enjoy intimate moments on a romantic cruise.
- It’s perfect for a special anniversary or a surprise marriage proposal.
- You can both marvel at all the opulence in Monaco.
15. Ferry to St Tropez from Nice
Cruise along the coastal curve of the French Riviera to St. Tropez on an excursion from Nice.
You can admire sweeping ocean panoramas as you sail the Mediterranean towards glitzy St. Tropez.
Spend the day exploring attractions with your partner such as St. Tropez Citadel and St. Tropez Church.
Browse luxury boutiques for designer clothing at Place aux Herbes.
Admire artworks in Musee de l’Annonciade, and then sample seafood specialties at gourmet restaurants.
Or simply lounge on powdery soft sands at pristine beaches with a cocktail in hand.
Why is a Ferry to St Tropez from Nice great for couples?
- Admire ocean vistas as you sail along the Mediterranean.
- Tantalize both your taste buds with gourmet seafood specialties.
- The best part about this couple’s weekend is hanging out with each other on a beautiful and stylish St. Tropez beach.
16. Scenic Helicopter Tour
See Nice like a celebrity on a helicopter tour over the Cote d’Azur.
Soar above the Promenade des Anglais, the magnificent architecture of Hotel Negresco and the azure waters of the Mediterranean.
Look down at luxury hotels, charming squares and people sunbathing on the beach.
During the flight, you’ll also see Old Town Nice and aerial views of the colorful Cours Saleya Flower Market.
Marvel at the intricate network of narrow winding streets that make up this historic part of the city.
Your expert pilot and guide will provide commentary on what you are seeing.
Why is a Scenic Helicopter Tour a good option for couples?
- Picture yourselves as the elite who always arrive in Nice via helicopter.
- Show off your knowledge of Nice’s landmarks to your date.
- Enjoy aerial panoramas of the spectacular Cote d’Azur.
17. Nice City Bike Riding
Ideal for couples, discover the highlights of Nice on a fun bike tour.
Cycle through the picture postcard city past grand boulevards, charming squares and sandy beaches.
Together, you can admire the Belle Epoque architecture, Baroque churches, bustling cafes and chic bars.
Your knowledgeable guide will show you the best parts of Nice that most tourists miss.
They will take you past the Promenade des Anglais, Hotel Negresco, the Old Town and its market, Place Garibaldi and the Port.
You will also climb up to Chateau Hill to enjoy amazing views over the city.
Why is Nice City Bike Riding great for couples?
- It gives couples an overview of Nice that you can explore on your own afterwards.
- Cycle through labyrinths of narrow lanes perfect for exploring and getting lost in.
- Ride up to Chateau Hill and share panoramas of Nice.
18. Nice Segway Tour
Zip through major attractions without breaking a sweat on a fun Segway tour of Nice.
Cover more sights in less time while conserving energy to enjoy more sightseeing.
The tour will start with a brief demonstration to make you comfortable cruising the streets.
Then go navigate bustling cafes and open-air markets along the Promenade des Anglais.
The maximum number of guests on this tour is eight, to ensure a more personalized ride and intimate time for couples.
Opt for a longer tour that will take you up to Castle Hill for amazing seaside panoramas.
Why is the Nice Segway Tour a good option for couples?
- The small group tour provides opportunities for intimate chats in between stops.
- Couples can get an overview of Nice for further exploration on your own afterwards.
- Ride up to Chateau Hill to enjoy panoramas of Nice with your partner.
19. Nice Le Grand Tour Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing
Enjoy all the benefits of a guided tour in Nice, even as you explore the attractions at your own pace.
Take the hassle out of navigation with a hop-on hop-off bus tour that includes access to popular attractions.
Get off at the highlights that interest you and your partner, and explore at a leisurely pace.
Stop at sights such as the Promenade des Anglais, the Matisse Museum and Mont Boron.
Soak up the views from your comfy seat in the open-top double-decker bus.
Tickets are valid for 24-48 hours and on-board audio commentary is provided.
Why is the Nice Le Grand Tour Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing great for couples?
- Because it’s just the two of you, you can enjoy a more intimate experience.
- Have romantic chats on the bus in between stops.
- There’s no itinerary to follow so you can both explore the sights at your own pace.
20. Half-Day City Sightseeing Tour in Nice
If you’re not sure where to take your partner, then see all the major attractions and hidden highlights of the French Riviera on a sightseeing tour in Nice.
Spin along the Middle Corniche road, gazing out over the splendid coastline of the French Riviera.
Follow your guide on an exploration of Promenade des Anglais and the Promenade des Arts.
Then, wander into the historic Cimiez neighborhood where Queen Victoria spent her winters.
You’ll also visit points of interest including the Russian Cathedral, the Acropolis Center and the Modern Art Museum.
Take a stroll up to Castle Hill to enjoy panoramas over the rooftops of Nice.
Why is the Half-Day City Sightseeing Tour in Nice a good option for couples?
- You can both discover stylish galleries along Promenade des Arts.
- Marvel at intricate carvings and fine frescoes in the Russian Cathedral.
- Explore traditional flower markets, quaint boutiques and inviting cafes at Place Garibaldi.
- Perfect tour if you’re not sure where to take your partner.
The picture postcard city of Nice offers plenty of romantic settings for couples.
From an evening stroll along sandy beaches to a helicopter flight soaring above the Mediterranean, Nice has everything you need for a romantic getaway.
Start planning your next couple’s vacation with this guide to the best things to do in Nice.