The allure of Venice lies not only on its Gothic and Renaissance architectural wonders, but also in and around its canals.
In fact, this Italian gem is one of the loveliest places you can explore with your partner!
We’ve looked at hundred of activities and found the best romantic things to do in Venice at night.
1. St Mark’s Basilica & Doge’s Palace
St. Mark’s Basilica is the most famous church in Venice.
It is located in the city’s central square called Piazza san Marco.
To begin with, get personalized service in this small group tour with a custodian and guide.
Enjoy this after-hours tour with your loved one, without the large crowds.
Alternatively, upgrade to include a 2-hour visit to the Doge’s Palace and the Bridge of Sighs.
What makes this Venice tour special and ideal for dates?
- Experience the magnificence of St. Mark’s Basilica as it stands empty of crowds.
- Marvel at the structure tiled with Byzantine mosaics.
- Next, see the Byzantine altarpiece and feel the rich history of the structure.
- Visit the crypt where St. Mark is believed to have been laid to rest.
2. Romantic Gondola Ride with Dinner
This is one of the most romantic ways to spend an evening with your special someone.
Discover the beauty of Venice from the water while on a gondola ride.
Afterwards, spend a relaxing time with your loved one while being lulled by the waves.
Truly, this is an unforgettable experience you shouldn’t miss!
What makes this Venice gondola tour romantic?
- Enjoy a romantic gondola ride and see Venice from a different perspective.
- The gondola ride will take you through quaint canals in the city.
- Finally, savor an intimate candlelight dinner at the Antico Martini restaurant.
- Notably, this restaurant has been operating since 1720, giving it an intimate atmosphere.
3. Venice Gondola Ride and Serenade
The best way to see the wonders of Venice is through a gondola ride.
On this tour, spend a lovely evening onboard a six-passenger gondola.
You and your loved one will be greeted by a traditionally attired gondolier.
You will then start the 30-minute tour in a group of around 8 gondolas.
Alternatively, you can choose the private tour for a more intimate experience.
The private tour gondola seats only 2-4 guests for personalized service.
What makes this Venice tour romantic?
- A singer aboard one of the boats will serenade you throughout the ride.
- Next, you will ride through the Grand Canal, the city’s famous S-shaped canal.
- See the Accademia Bridge, Venice’s lone wooden bridge.
- Pass by the building which is home to the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.
- Also, see the Santa Maria della Salute Church built in the 17th century.
4. Exclusive Evening Peggy Guggenheim Collection Private Visit
Discover the treasures included in the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.
Notably, it is Italy’s most important museum for 20th-century American and European art.
The impressive collection is housed in the Palazzo Venier dei Leoni.
It was an unfinished 18th-century palazzo bought by American heiress Peggy Guggenheim.
In particular, this private after-hours museum tour offers a more intimate feel.
You will learn more about the collection’s history and importance to 20th-century art.
What can you expect from this private romantic Venice tour?
- Admire masterpieces of Metaphysical, Futurism, and Cubism painting.
- See awe-inspiring works from artists such as Picasso, Pollock, Calder, and Dali.
- Next, view 80 works of American and European postwar art donated in 2012.
- Finally, check out the outdoor sculpture in the palazzo’s terraces and gardens.
5. Musica a Palazzo Opera Show
Spend a magical evening with your significant other while watching the opera.
Notably, this 2-hour performance features the renowned Musica a Palazzo ensemble.
Enjoy the opera while inside the majestic grand Palazzo Barbarigo-Minotto.
What is romantic about this Venice experience?
- Move with the singers and instrumentalists through the palazzo’s salons.
- In addition, get up close and personal with the singers performing only a few feet away.
- Also, the opulent rooms provide a more realistic and romantic backdrop to the operatic performance.
- Furthermore, you can choose from a selection of duets or 3 classic operas.
6. I Musici Veneziani Concert
Make music a part of your romantic Venice visit with this experience.
I Musici Veneziani features four concerts for strings and violins.
In particular, it represents scenes of nature in music inspired by the year’s 4 seasons.
Also, the program is enhanced by 3 other major concerts for strings.
What makes this concert romantic?
- Sit beside your partner and enjoy awe-inspiring performances by virtuosic musicians.
- In addition, get to see world-renowned operatic soloists in unforgettable performances.
- The musicians don traditional 18th-century Venetian costumes for a more festive vibe.
7. Interpreti Veneziani Concert
Enjoy Baroque music in this unforgettable evening concert with your loved one.
Prepare for a wonderful performance of sinfonias and Baroque concertos.
During the show, you will hear soulful works of composers such as Handel, Mozart, Vivaldi, and Bach.
The intimate venue will guarantee a romantic night in Venice with your partner.
What can you expect from the concert?
- Experience the magic in Chiesa San Vidal, a former church turned into a concert hall.
- Notably, included are Mozart’s “A Little Night Music” and “The Four Seasons” by Vivaldi.
- This is made more remarkable with superb acoustics and a 17th-century setting.
- Also, inside the church, you will see breathtaking paintings and Bazzini’s organ.
8. La Caravella Dinner in Venice
Share an unforgettable meal in one of Venice’s most famous restaurants.
If you decide on this romantic option, you will be served a delicious 4-course meal.
To make the night more intimate, you will wine and dine on Venetian cuisine while surrounded by ship-inspired decor.
Take this opportunity to have private chats with your partner as you experience a romantic evening at La Caravella
What makes La Caravella a perfect romantic option at night in Venice?
- A professional sommelier will provide information about regional wines.
- Furthermore, each course of classic Venetian dishes is paired with a different local wine.
- Taste the nuances of soft reds, aromatic whites, and sparkling Prosecco.
- You will enjoy this experience in the heart of St. Mark’s Square.
- After a few drinks, conversations will become second nature as you share the rest of the night with your partner.
9. Skip the Line: Hard Rock Cafe
This deal lets you skip the line to get inside Venice’s Hard Rock Cafe.
At the restaurant, you can spend the evening feasting on hearty American-style food with your loved one.
To add to the intimate experience, take in the awesome views of the canals and gondolas outside.
You can easily spend a few hours enjoying each others company at this fun venue.
What makes Hard Rock Cafe a good romantic venue for a night in Venice?
- No need to waste precious time lining up to get inside Hard Rock Cafe.
- Meanwhile, see traditional Venetian design elements such as Murano glass in the restaurant.
- Choose from the three-course diamond menu or the two-course gold menu.
- Similarly, check out the rock ‘n’ roll memorabilia, present in all Hard Rock Cafes.
10. Private Venice Nightlife Tour
Explore the trendy Venetian nightlife scene with your loved one!
Veer away from the historical tours and see where the locals unwind for a few drinks.
In particular, visit the city’s trendiest districts – Cannaregio and Rialto.
Your friendly local guide will point you toward the best spots.
Also, this private tour lets you have a more personalised and intimate experience.
What are the highlights of this romantic tour?
- Go on a gondola ride and enjoy a bite and a drink.
- Next, check out the Campo dei Mori’s medieval stone sculptures.
- Mingle with the locals at trendy yet hidden bars away from the beaten path.
- Finally, see St. Mark’s Square in the moonlight and feel the magic in the air with your loved one.
11. Venice Food Tour: Cicchetti and Wine
Discover world-famous Venetian cuisine and wine on this small group tour.
As you explore Venice with your partner, your personal guide will share the background stories of popular landmarks and delicacies in the area.
This is the perfect opportunity for first time dates and introducing the lifestyle in Venice at night.
What are the highlights of this romantic Venice tour?
- Cross the famous Grand Canal like the locals do, on a traghetto gondola.
- Stroll along the Cannaregio district with your partner, the city’s most populated and largest quarter.
- Sample traditional dishes such as black ink calamari in Rialto.
- Then, stop for traditional Venetian cicchetto (small bites) and local wine.
- Lastly, enjoy the free drinks included in this tour!
12. Traditional Home Cooking Experience in Venice
Discover how the Venetians prepare their food in this cooking class.
For the perfect intimate setting, you’ll be heading to a home in a central Venice district.
You’ll have plenty of fun with your partner as you get hands-on cooking experience from a local.
Your local chef will share insights and the history of fresh produce from the markets.
Why is a cooking class a good romantic activity?
- Have a few laughs with your partner while preparing a starter, main dish, and dessert.
- Enjoy a glass of Prosecco while preparing the traditional dishes.
- Feast on the food you prepared, along with wine, with your loved one & host.
13. Carnival Mask-Making Class
Try out the traditional art of making a mask, the Venetian way.
This is a great choice for first time dates as you’ll be having loads of fun during the class and afterwards, as you roam the streets with your own mask creation.
During the class, you’ll learn how the elaborate masks were used in Carnivals of Venice.
Compete with your date and create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece while showing off your artistic side!
You will also learn more about your partner’s creativity in this intimate and fun experience.
What can you expect during this personalised mask making class?
- A Venetian Master Artisan will guide you in making or decorating a mask.
- Learn the ancient method of making a papier-mache mask the Venetian way.
- Choose a mask you would like to decorate.
- Get to keep the mask you create as a wonderful souvenir.
14. Glass Artwork Private Lesson
Learn about the art of glass making from a renowned Venetian craftsman.
On this date, you’ll get the chance to produce unique glass artwork.
During the class, you will see the traditional Murano method to create glass masterpieces.
A private lesson like this allows for intimate experiences with your partner and there’s no better place to do this than Venice.
What can you expect during the Glass Lesson?
- Discover the secrets of making glass artwork from a famous Venetian craftsman.
- Massimiliano Caldarone will show you how to use traditional Murano techniques.
- Learn the step-by-step procedure of using lampwork to produce the glass items.
- Take home the spectacular glass artwork you created as a lovely souvenir!
15. Venice Jewish Ghetto tour with Gelato tasting
Explore a quiet part of the Cannaregio district – the Jewish ghetto.
This is the first ghetto in Europe for Jews, and is also where the term “ghetto” originated.
Off the usual tourist route, this area is perfect for a romantic stroll with your loved one.
Spend an intimate evening out, away from the huge tourist crowd in the Venice city center.
What are the highlights on this romantic Venice tour?
- Explore this quiet part of Venice more intimately, away from the bustling city center.
- The tour is limited to 12 people for more personalized service.
- Discover the unique architecture of the old and new ghetto.
- Share traditional gelato flavors with your loved one in a gourmet Italian gelateria.
16. Venice Ghost and Legends Walking Tour
Get to know Venice’s mysterious and haunted past on this walking tour.
The evening takes on a chilling vibe with legends and ghost stories of the city.
This is a unique date idea that will create memorable moments amidst the creepy atmosphere.
As you walk down the quiet streets, walk hand-in-hand with your loved one, exploring the most fascinating and scary locations in Venice at night.
A ghost expert guide will tell you all about the sinister stories of old Venice.
What are the memorable parts of this scary yet romantic tour?
- Explore the city in the darkness, without the crowds of people milling about – the best excuse to hold hands with your partner as you go through the empty streets!
- Learn about Biasio – the 15th-century butcher who added murdered children’s limbs to his stews.
- Check out the Calle dei Assassini, once frequented by criminals and killers.
- Visit ancient underground cemeteries and secret passages.
17. Private Tour: Venice Half-Day Walking Tour
Discover the magic of Venice with a customised walking tour in the evening.
You have the freedom to choose which attractions to visit for a more personalised adventure with your loved one.
Choose from sites such as Rialto, San Polo, Cannaregio, and Accademia Bridge.
This 3-hour tour includes a private guide to lighten the intimate experience.
Using your own itinerary, explore the most romantic sights in Venice in the dark.
What can you look forward to in this customised evening Venice tour?
- See Venice’s famous and lesser known attractions – the itinerary is up to you and your loved one to choose!
- Customise the tour according to your personal preference for the most memorable experience.
- Feel the romance in the air with a glass of wine and a snack at a traditional bar.
- A local guide will provide information and personalised service.
18. Professional Photos at Night in Venice
Make your Venice adventure even more memorable with an intimate photo shoot.
Preserve your romantic moments in the city through stunning photos with your partner.
Your photo session can be in specially selected romantic areas.
Alternatively, you can also choose the attractions you want to include.
These are perfect for proposals, anniversaries, and other special occasions.
In addition, you can also tour the city as a photographer with a professional guide.
What can you expect from this Venice tour at night?
- Several options for photo session time length.
- Services of a professional photographer living in Venice.
- Quick delivery of digital images
- Some deals offer the flexibility of customising your itinerary.
19. Evening at Hot Springs
This is your chance to fully unwind and recharge with your loved one, away from the noisy crowds.
Leave the busy city center and go on a train ride to the Hot Springs.
Located at the foot of the Euganean Hills, it is also known for their wineries.
This area of ancient volcanic hills is only about 40 minutes away from Venice.
Relax and enjoy this romantic, soul and body reviving trip with your partner.
What makes an evening at hot springs romantic?
- Feel the intimacy of a relaxing soak with your loved one in a naturally heated swimming pool.
- At the same time, enjoy the wine-tasting with detailed explanations.
- Relax and feel the natural thermal water soothing your body.
- Indulge in more romantic couple moments in the jacuzzi and steam room.
Exploring the wonders of Venice takes on a more meaningful turn when you do it with a loved one.
Seeing Venice at night makes the experience even more magical.
The secrets of the city are just waiting to be discovered – even more so when darkness falls.