Are you looking to enjoy a dynamic, spirited and vibrant nightlife? In case you are, look no further, for Miami is just the right destination for you. While the city has hundreds of attractions to keep you busy during the day- it is the nightlife that’ll keep you ‘truly’ hooked.
When you first step into Miami, you’d be bowled away by its stylish clubs, exotic cruises and spectacular skyline. But the fun doesn’t just end here. With infinite hotels, exclusive bars and picturesque beaches, this city will offer more than you can ever imagine. So in case you’re visiting Miami for the first time, here’s a complete list of the best nighttime activities in the city.
1. Big Bus Miami Night Tour
Miami’s Big Bus Night Tour is perfect for anyone who’s visiting the city for the very first time. This 90-minute ride will introduce you to the top spots of Miami after sundown. Be a part of South Beach’s vibrant buzz as you discover the best landmarks of the city, as they’re beautifully illuminated after sunset.
What To Expect On The Big Bus Tour?
- A Comprehensive Introduction to the city – Ideal for first timers, this tour will cover the leading parts of the city along the Downtown and South Beach.
- Professional Tour Guide – It goes without mention that the tour comes with a professional guide, who doesn’t just answer your questions but also informs you of several fascinating facts about the city.
- Customize your itinerary – The tour also offers you the flexibility to choose the kind of itinerary you want.
If you’re looking for a first-hand view of the city right after sundown, this is one of the best ways to go about it.
2. LED PaddleBoard Sunset Glow Tour
If you love nature and everything that comes with it, you’d definitely love this LED paddle-board sunset tour. Glide through the oceans on a fantastical paddleboard, as you get an unmatched view of the deep blue seas.
What can you expect on a PaddleBoard Sunset Glow Tour?
- LED PaddleBoards – This tour comes with boards that are at least ten pounds lighter than the conventional ones, making it easier for you to glide into the water and move your oars. That being said, the quirkiest part of this tour is that it comes with paddleboards that have LED lights illuminating around 15-feet underwater, and a whopping 50-ft around the board.
- Yoga – In case you’re looking to make things tad more challenging, simply board a pontoon boat for a unique underwater paddleboard yoga session.
The tour commences from 18th street on Miami beach at 9:30 PM. So head out with your family and friends for a paddleboarding experience like never before.
3. Miami Sunset Photography Tour
A perfect tour for photography lovers, this one-hour workshop will help you hone your sunset photography skills; just the way you want to.
What can you expect on the Miami Sunset Photography Tour?
- Learn how to take great photos – You’ll learn about photo composition, tweaking camera settings, finding the best light and everything else you want to know. Also, what’s better than exploring Miami city during the most picturesque time of the day?
- See Art Deco District – After departing from the Colony Hotel in Miami, you’ll be taken to the iconic Art Deco district. Here, you’ll be given some valuable snippets of wisdom about sunset photography, and you’ll also get an opportunity to click beautiful shots.
Suitable for both newbies and professionals, this tour will open doors to an ultimate paradise for photography enthusiasts.
4. City Skyline Tour
Witness the beauty of Miami’s spectacular skyline with this City Skyline Tour. The 60-minute airplane ride is perfect for anyone who’s looking for a once-in-a-lifetime aerial experience.
What can you expect on Miami Skyline Tour?
- See neon-lit Miami – Glide across the starry Briscane Bay and Miami’s neon-lit downtown, as your tour guide explains everything that you need to know about the trip. Throughout your sixty minute ride, you’ll get a bird’s eye glimpse of the brightly lit high rises, the city streets, the downtown and many other breathtakingly beautiful buildings.
- Relax – Since the tour is carried out by experienced pilots, all you need to do is sit back, take a comfortable position, and relax.
5. Ice Bar
Nestled in the heart of Collins Avenue, the Ice bar is an ultimate destination for anyone who loves fun, drinks and night-long entertainment.
What can you expect at the Ice Bar?
- Warm clothing – Once you sign up for this tour, you’ll get a rare opportunity to experience winter in the closed doors of a hotel. The package includes a fur coat, gloves, socks, winter accessories and two sumptuous glasses of your favorite cocktails. So sip your drink and dance to your favorite songs as the talented artists come up with beautiful fire and ice shows, just for you.
- Sculptures – As you step into the hotel, you’ll find globally acclaimed sculptor Joe Rimer, carving beautiful structures from 100,000 pounds of pure ice.
- Fire lounge – To strike a perfect balance, there’s a fire lounge, where you can comfortably warm up after your icy revelries. So take a sip from your glass of mezcal or watch the spectacular fire and ice shows that are tailor-made for visitors like you.
With the cocktails, peppy ambiance and amazing live entertainment, the Ice bar will entertain you, way beyond your expectations.
6. Binge Drink At Downtown
If you want to stick to the basics, simply head downtown and binge drink from a swanky rooftop bar. For the uninitiated, Miami’s downtown is teeming with amazing bars that have great deals and unbelievable discounts. So if you’re fond of drinking, there’s no better destination than this spot.
What can you expect at Downtown?
- Plenty of bars – On entering the downtown, you’ll find hundreds of bars offering night-long happy hours.
- Go on weekends – The weekends are peppier with happy hours starting from the early afternoons. For weekends, You can also visit the Mary Brickell village for a wider selection of bars and cafes.
- Popular spots – E11Even and The Corner are some of the top spots in downtown. You can always visit these restaurants for their lip smacking cuisine and super cheap drinks.
7. Night Time Fishing Tour
Are you fond of fishing? Are you looking to experience night-time fishing like never before? If your answer is yes, the Biscayne Bay fishing tour is exactly what you need to try. The tour begins from the Pelican harbor at 7pm, and thereafter you get to enjoy four long hours of a truly phenomenal fishing experience.
What can you expect on the Night Time Fishing Tour?
- Learn Fishing From a Professional – On arrival, you’ll find a designated tour guide who will provide every relevant detail about fishing rods, casting, hooking bait and techniques to catch various fish. His guidelines work for both beginners and experienced fishing enthusiasts, so all you have to do is listen carefully and practise throughout the night.
- Complementary goodies – As a part of the package, you’ll get to explore the uncharted dark blue waters of Briscayne Bay that homes thousands of fish like trouts, snappers, and mackerels. You can then use the fishing equipment (as provided in the package) and catch as many fish as you can.
- Munch on your favorite snacks – The boat has ample space to carry your dinner and beverages. You can also munch on your favorite snacks while patiently waiting for the next fish to hook on.
8. Stroll Along The Coconut Grove
If the boho life is your kind of thing, Coconut Grove is a perfect spot for you. One of the most historic destinations of Miami, Coconut Grove is an ideal place to relax, stroll around and meet new locals. You can always sit back along the waterfront, tuning in to your favourite song and watching people walk by.
What can you expect in Coconut Grove?
- Young, party-loving crowd – Coconut Grove is a hub for young party goers. So once you’re done with some ‘me time’, head to the Coral Gables to connect with the young crowd of university goers. Since the University of Miami is located here, you’ll find many fun-loving locals in this spot.
- Top bars – Coconut Grove also lines some of the leading bars of Miami. You can always end your trip with a drink at Monty’s, Barracuda or Lokal. Each of these spots have just the right kind of ambience to get your night going.
9. New Year’s Eve Fireworks Cruise
New Year’s Eve is one of the most anticipated events in Miami. Every year, thousands of people wait for this ‘much-awaited’ day, and the New Year’s Eve Fireworks Cruise is perhaps one of the best ways to end your evening of fun, frolic and festivity.
What to expect on the New Year’s Eve Fireworks Cruise?
- A full night of partying -Departing from Florida’s Coconut Grove, this cruise gives you a chance to enjoy lip smacking delicacies, unlimited drinks, live entertainment and a full night of partying with the kind of songs you love.
- Popular spots – Once you’re on board, the cruise will glide along the top spots of Miami including South island, Star Island, Brickell, Port Island and many other destinations that are breathtakingly beautiful.
- Fireworks – And guess the best part? Well, this tour also comes with five different firework shows. In fact, the top deck of the yacht is entirely dedicated for your firework viewing experience. At the end of the tour, your captain will take you to the perfect viewing point; and once you reach this spot, you’ll find fireworks everywhere.
- Unlimited food and drinks – In case you’re more fond of food and drinks, then too, this trip will have you covered. Yes! This cruise comes with two bars lined with your favourite drinks and finger foods. And once you’ve had your fair share of food, dance to the live music or bask in the beauty of Miami’s night sky.
- In-house photographer – The trip also includes an in-house photographer to capture your memorable moments. So if you’re looking to spend the last day of the year in ultimate luxury, this cruise will surely live up to your expectations.
10. Art Deco Walking Tour
Your night out in Miami would be absolutely incomplete if you don’t make some time for the Art Deco Museum tour. Enter the world of early nineties, as your tour guide enlightens you with amazing insights from the lives of pioneers and heroes who brought forth artistic revolution in Miami. Witness the transformation of a swampland to one of the swankiest cities in the world.
What can you expect on the Art Deco Walking Tour?
- Top architectural wonders – During both the VIP and the general tour, you’ll be taken to the top architectural wonders of Miami. From exclusive access to leading Art Deco Buildings, to valuable one-to-one conversation with your tour guide.
- Customized private tours – While this trip usually covers South Beach along the 10th and 15th Streets, you can also customize it for private tours. Versace Mansion, The Carlyle Hotel, the 11th Street Diner are only a few among the very many leading locations covered by the tour. So if you’re in the mood to explore art and everything beyond it, hop in to this exclusive Art Deco Tour In Miami.
11. Nightlife In South Beach
Often touted as the party capital of the U.S, Miami’s South Beach is truly a defining point of the city. Every year, thousands of party goers crowd this beach for fun, parties and cheap booze. And why wouldn’t they? After all, it is only in South Beach that you’ll find top clubs with leading DJs, hosting parties, every single night of the week. Whether it’s celebrities, VIPs, or the regular party lovers like you and me, South Beach has a place for us all.
What To Expect In South Beach?
- Funky lounges and well-decked discos – The beach is lined with top hotels and almost all of them come with funky lounges, well-decked discos and the widest assortments of cocktails.
- Plenty of pubs and bars – If you’re in the mood for party, head out to the top spots like LIV, Icon or Bodega.
12. Late Night Movies
Once the sun starts setting, Miami’s night crawlers meet at their favorite hubs. But while some prefer dancing to the latest charts, there are many others who prefer the silent, isolated halls of a late night movie theater. Yes, you’ve guessed right! Miami also comes with plenty of options for late night movie lovers.
What to expect in a Late Night Movie Tour?
- Top Local Theaters – Miami has hundreds of movie halls and quite a few among them offer late night screenings. You can always catch up at Coral Gables Art Cinema for a Saturday night movie. In case you’re in the mood for classics, simply head to O Cinema at Miami Beach. Both these halls screen movies between 11:30am to 11:45pm.
- Widest selection of movies – There are art films, new blockbusters, and classics. If you happen to visit a late night movie screening in Miami, you’ll surely be spoilt for choices.
- Free wining and dining – What can be better than binging your favourite movie with free drinks and food? Well, that’s exactly what you get at the iPic Theatre of Miami beach. Here, you get complimentary wine and food with your favourite Hollywood blockbusters.
13. Salsa, Bachata and More
If you’re fond of Latin music and dance, this Salsa and Bachata session is tailor-made for you. Beginning from South Beach’s Iconic Ocean Drive, this tour offers a full night of partying where you get real-time Salsa and Bachata lessons for one whole hour. In addition to the lessons, you also get cabaret style shows, a full bar with your favourite drinks and 50% discount on the drinks after 10:00 PM.
What To Expect During the Salsa Session?
- Salsa Lessons and Cabaret Performances – Your journey will begin from the spectacular Mojito Room which is decked by peppy lighting, beautiful bronze trees, snuggly sofas and a full tropical bar. Master new moves as a professional trainer teaches you the nitty gritties of this latin dance. Once you’ve learned your new moves, you can try them with a group. In addition to the regular lessons, this tour also includes amazing cabaret performances of Samba, Conga, Bachata and more.
- Professional Host – The entire tour itself is conducted by a friendly and professional host. Your host will make you feel comfortable and create the perfect ambience of a classic Miami Night club.
- Lip smacking food and drinks – Your salsa dancing session also includes lip smacking meals and incredible cocktails. After 10:30pm, almost all the cocktails are available at a 50% discount. So drink til your heart’s content while the host conducts an incredible tour for you.
14. Pub Crawl
A perfect tour for avid party-goers, the Pub crawling trip covers three leading bars and nightclubs across the city. So skip the line and enjoy five hours of complete entertainment with free live music and unlimited drinks just round the corner.
- Skip the lines – The tour begins from St. Frogs Miami Beach at 8:30pm and thereafter, you get to enjoy five hours of complete entertainment at the top nightclubs of the city. And the best part? Well, you get to skip the lines and enjoy a direct entry to the top spots.
- Unlimited food and drinks – Most of these bars offer unlimited food and drinks. So along with the free entry, you also get a couple of free drinks.
15. Pirate Party Boat Cruise
Ever wanted to dance away under the starry skies? In case you did, The Pirate Party Boat Cruise is just the right option for you. This tour lets you spend 75 full minutes in El Loro, which is the ONLY pirate boat in Miami!
What can you expect on a Pirate Party Cruise?
- Great party music – Nestled in the corners of the Bayside Market Place, it is fun, energetic and teeming with like-minded people. The slots are available between 10:30 PM and 12:30 PM; and once you choose your preferred slot you’d be welcomed by an in- house DJ who’ll play the grooviest numbers.
- Alcoholic drinks – So sip your favorite drinks, dance to the tunes of the live music or simply savor the exquisite views of Miami’s extraordinary beaches.
With so many different things to offer on board, this tour is indeed one of the best ways to end your perfect day in the city.
Well, these were only few among the hundreds of night out options Miami comes with. If you have a couple of other things in mind, don’t forget to share it with us in the comments section!