Located in Mariner Bay Sands, the Singapore Flyer is the world’s largest observation wheel. It was first opened in 2008 and is now one of the most popular attractions in Singapore.
- Journey of Dreams – Before boarding the observation deck, various interactive and colorful exhibits tell the story of Singapore culture and how the massive Flyer developed.
- Rainforest Discovery – A mini rainforest environment installed with tropical trees, plants, and a pond filled with fish, sits right under the Flyer.
- Giant Observation Wheel – The 165 meter high Singapore Flyer takes you on a 32 minute journey to see some of Singapore tallest Skyscrapers and latest landscapes. You’ll be able to see the Supertrees and domes at Gardens by the Bay, the famous Marina Bay Sands hotel, as well as the iconic lotus archetectual of the ArtScience Museum.
Other Activities at Singapore Flyer
- Duck & Hippo Tours – A vehicle that can travel by land and water.
- Ultimate Drive – Speed around the track used by Formula One drivers.
- Flight Experience – Test yourself on a flight simulator.
- Kenko Reflexology & Fish Spa – Llittle fish nibble away on the dead skin of your feet.
- XD Theatre – A 6D theatre thrill ride.
|Singapore Flyer Membership||Adult||$69|
|Singapore Flyer City Passes||Adult||$49.90|
|Singapore Sling Flight||Adult||$61|
|World’s First Full Butler Sky Dining||Couple||$269|
|High Tea Flight||2 people||$99|
|Signature Cocktail Flight||Adult||$61|
|Moët & Chandon Champagne Flight||Adult||$69|
- Security – The operations at Singapore Flyer is quite strict. At the entrance, you’ll be asked to empty your pockets and place your belongings on a scanning machine, similar to airports. There are also 2 cameras in each capsule on the flyer.
- Hawker Food Court – Like all shopping centers and popular venues in Singapore, there is a hawker food court on the ground floor. It cheap, there’s variety, and most importantly, it’s quality asian food.
- MRT – Get off at The Promenade Station. Take exit A and it should only take you 5 minutes to walk to the Flyer. There will be blue signs at the station to point you in the right direction.
- Car/Taxi – It’s only a 10 minute drive from Orchard Road or a 20 minute drive from the airport. There’s a parking lot at the Flyer and if you go between 12pm-2pm on weekdays, parking is free. Otherwise, you have to pay $2.50 for entering the parking lot, and $1 per half hour on weekdays, $1.20 per half hour on weekends. Might as well catch a taxi!
- Bus – Numbers 106, 111 and 133 stop at Temasek Avenue which is just across the road from Singapore Flyer.
- Diameter – 150 meters
- Height – 165 meters
- Rotation speed – 0.76km/hr ….don’t worry it’s pretty slow.
- 28 capsules that can carry up to 28 passengers. Each capsule is 4m x 7m.