The Science Centre is a fun filled interactive museum where visitors can learn about different aspects of technology and nature. Opened in 1977, the Science Centre now showcases over 1,000 exhibits organized in 14 themed galleries.
- Exhibitions – There are thousands of exhibits at the Science Centre organized into 14 galleries. All the galleries are designed to maximize vistor interaction and you’ll most likely spend hours of fun learning without even realizing. Some of the permanent galleries include Kinetic Garden, Climate Change, Our Solar System, Earth, The Mind’s Eye, and Ecogarden. There are also temporary exhibits to make the day even more enjoyable.
- Shows – A number of shows and demonstrations feature throughout the day. The one’s not to be missed include the Tesla Coil, Fire Tornado and Sound Show.
|Shows & Demonstrations||Venue||Time||Duration|
|Tesla Coil||The Atrium||12pm daily
5pm Weekends, public holidays & school holidays from 4 Feb 2014.
|Fire Tornado||Courtyard||3pm Tue-Sun||15 mins|
|Sound Show||Sound Box, Hall C||11am, 4pm Tue-Fri
11am Weekends, public holidays & school holidays
|Insectmania||Mendel Auditorium||2pm Sunday & Public holidays||20 mins|
|Stargazing Night||Maxwell Auditorium||4 pm Weekends, public and school holidays||20 mins|
|Climate Change Show||Hall B Object Theatre||3:30pm||20 mins|
- Waterworks – This playground is great for the kids since it does get fairly humd and hot in Singapore. Make sure you have spare clothes for the kids to change into after a good dip in the museum’s Waterworks playground.
|Standard||2-in-1 Science Centre + Snow City||Locals|
|Child (3-12 yrs)||$8||$16||$6|
|Senior Citizen (55+ yrs)||NA||$18||$6|
Occasionaly, the Science Centre has temporary exhibits that may cost extra. For details on additional charges, check their pricing page.
If you’re planning to see a lot more attractions around Singapore, it might be a good idea to purchase an iventure attraction pass which also includes admission to the Science. Centre.
- Promotions – Sometimes the Science Centre offers discounts and deals for entry. You canfind them on their promotion pages.
- Other Attractions – Snow City & Omnitheatre (closed til May 2014) are at the same location. You can work your day around visiting all 3 attractions.
- Food – Kid’s favorite, Macdonalds, is located at the entrance or you can eat inside at Coffee Hive.
- Bus – Bus numbers 66,178,198 and 335 stop right outside the Science Centre.
- MRT/Bus – Jurong East is the closest MRT station. From here, you can catch bus number 66 or 335.
- Direct Bus from Jurong Bird Park – On weekends, there is also a direct bus service to the Science Center from Jurong Bird Park at 2:30pm. You could visit both attractions in 1 day.
- Car – If you want to drive, there is a car park right outside the centre and only charge $1 per hour.
You’re bound to come across a hundred interesting things at the Science Centre, but before you enter, you will get an invisible stamp that can only be seen under a fluorescent lamp.