The Mint Museum of Toys covers 5 levels and has over 50,000 well preserved collections of childhood memorabilia from all over the world. Opened in May 2006, its the first museum in the world dedicated to toys and it will surely remind all the adults of their favorite characters and superheroes from their younger days.
- Outerspace – Located on level 5, this floor is filled with Dan Dare, Star Wars characters, robots and other space related toys.
- Characters – Level 4 contains some of the most popular fictional characters including Batman, Popeye, Tin Tin and Peter Rabbit.
- Childhood Favorites – Almost everyone would have had a Teddy Bear, toy puppet or a doll to play with in their childhood days. On level 3, you will find hundreds of them.
- Collectables – Level 2 showcases some of the rarest collectables including Queen Elizabeth II memorabilia and autographed records by famous singers such as John Lennon & Paul McCartney.
|Child (2-12 yrs)||SG$7.50|
|Child (under 2yrs)||free|
|Seniors (60+ yrs)||SG$7.50|
|Family (2 adults + 2 children)||SG$36|
|Family (3 adults + 1 child)||SG$42|
To save money, you can purchase the iVenture Singapore pass which includes the Mint Museum of Toys and other popular attractions in Singapore.
Mint Museum of Toys is next to the Raffles Hotel on Seah St. There will be a large sign at the corner. You can’t miss it!
- MRT – Get off at City Hall station. From here, its a 10 minute walk (2 blocks away).
- Taxi – If you’re lazy, just catch a taxi. These are relatively cheap and should cost between $5-$10 if you’re centrally located.
- Only 10% of Mr Chang Yang Fa’s toy collection is on display.
- There are over 50,000 memorabilia items and toys in the museum.