Super clean and modern designs makes this a world class venue. Different screens are available for everyone to choose from:
- 4D movies – Watch a movie with 3D glasses, motion seats, water spraying, wind blowing, modified lighting and a variety of scents, all adapted to the action within the film.
- IMAX Theater – Enjoy the latest blockbusters in 3D on a massive screen.
- Siam Pavalai – a gigantic theater
- Enigma – Sit in comfy lounges, similar to a home theater.
The cost of seats vary a lot depending on the type of cinema, seat positioning, time of day, movie, whether its 2d, 3d or 4d. Its actually quite confusing. To give you a general idea, here’s a list of prices for various cinemas:
|Siam Pavalai Cinema|
|Privilage Chair||230 Baht|
|Privilage XL Chair||270 Baht|
|Royal Balcony||290 Baht|
|Paragon Chair (couples)||700 Baht|
|3D Digital Cinema|
|Privilage Chair||280 Baht|
|Privilage Chair||500 Baht|
|Bangkok Airways Blue Ribbon Screen|
|Blue Ribbon (couples)||1700 Baht|
- Book in advance – There are other tourists and visitors who are also interested in watching 4D movies. Make sure you book your tickets at least a few hours before your preferred session time. You can book online on their official site. Here are the instructions.
- Stand up before the movie – To pay respect to their King, Thai people traditionally stand up during a short anthem before the movie begins. Make sure you follow these customs when you go to any cinemas in Thailand.
- No outside food & drinks – You can obviously bring popcorn and drinks from their shop, but don’t try to sneak in food from shops outside.
- Promotions – Ask staff for any special packages that include popcorn and drinks.
- Be on time – Especially for 4D and IMAX, they may not show many commercials at the start.
- Go to the toilet – before the movie starts….obviously!
Some say its more expensive than other cinemas in Thailand (and it is), but you get what you pay for. Compared to western countries, its a reasonable price. If you’ve never experienced 4D movies before, its something worth doing at least once.
How to Get There
Paragon Cineplex (Grand Theatre in map) is located on the top floor of Siam Paragon. There are a number of escalators and lifts around the shopping center to help you get to the top floor as fast as possible, but first, you need to get to Siam Paragon. The easiest way is to catch the sky train and get off at the Siam BTS station which is only a 2 minute walk from Siam Paragon (more travel information on this page). Take advantage of the skywalks to avoid the heavy traffic on the main roads.